Club Arnage
May 23, 2024, 08:05:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roger Waters - The Wall Live  (Read 10246 times)
Steve TR

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 09:26:05 pm »

Classic stuff and one of the first songs I learned to play on guitar (I don't do Gilmours string bending bulldog chewing a wasp expressions though - leave that to the expert).
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 06:12:44 am »

...and I was there the night Dave Gilmour went along to play...

Bastard, I knew when they said he would appear at one show only that it would be a London show, rather than a Manchester show. I'm going Saturday night and can't wait.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 12:01:39 pm »

being a man of a certain age,Ive always felt that I too should be a Pink Floyd fan.Im afraid to say though,apart from Bob Dylan,I find them the most tedious performers ive ever experienced.I even went to see them with a mate of mine who is obsessed with them,and ended up sitting at the side,trying to sleep

Sorry but I just dont get it

PM
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 05:51:48 pm »

I think I am a bit with you Powermite - I saw them do this (The Wall) the first time (1980 ish??) – when they were Pink Floyd –  (James Hunt was there I seem to recall no special seats or special treatment just sat in the crowd with a couple of mates.) It was all a bit dull really and they mimed most of it. Bob Dylan - two songs - went home ditch water dull. I did enjoy seeing Floyd do Dark Side of the Moon though in 1973 or whenever it was - that was pretty special.
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 10:00:03 pm »

Fella's this is a must see. I went on Wednesday the 11th with the old man it was absolutely stunning. For me the highlight was the duet with himself, i was lucky enough to see this the last time it was played in the UK in 1980, more attitude then and as my first gig which i also attended with the old man one of my finest memories.

The only way is Sideways
pedersenkorsager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 03:51:00 pm »

I LOVE IT.......

make me think if it was the right desision to say no to the Hamburg show.

But beeing in the middle of our Le Mans trip I had to choose.

The easy way to spot a Dane?
look for the hanging heads in the pitlane :-(
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 08:52:17 pm »

being a man of a certain age,Ive always felt that I too should be a Pink Floyd fan.Im afraid to say though,apart from Bob Dylan,I find them the most tedious performers ive ever experienced.I even went to see them with a mate of mine who is obsessed with them,and ended up sitting at the side,trying to sleep

Sorry but I just dont get it

PM
Strange you say that Powermite, 10 mins to show time and they are playing Bob Dylan in MENA before Roger Waters is on stage.
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2011, 12:33:35 pm »

...and I was there the night Dave Gilmour went along to play... what an awesome experience - not so much Dave himself as the audience reaction... We had pretty good seats, straight on from the stage, right next to the empty bank of seats behind the sound desk. Massive venue though, you could've been a lot further away...
We were there that night too - totally awesome and as Steve has already said, the projections onto the wall were fantastic. Had to come back from France for this and was worth the cost totally.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: