Club Arnage
June 05, 2024, 03:43:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traffic Problems Le Mans Area  (Read 3027 times)
Rich - Team Gulp Racing
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2004, 11:39:02 am »

My brother in Germany sent a text message this morning. The AA Roadwatch Europe report on the radio said there will be huge delays on the N138 and A11 in the Le Mans area until the middle of June.

Do any locals (Gilles?) know about any planned road works, or are the delays expected because of the actual race?

Surely the French road planners aren't taking a leaf out of UK's book and doing all the road works at the busiest time of the year.

Also, the 24 hour race at Nurburgring is being held the same weekend of Le Mans - so, that's good planning then!!

Cheers,
Rich

Team Gulp Racing     - Established 1997

Le Mans 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007...
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 12:13:04 pm »

I actually can't imagine that there are road works planned. Remember, the ACO is the Automobile Club de L'Ouest and they should have some influence on the French road building. On the other hand... ACO... planning... when I start to think of it... there might actually be a bit of truth in it, let's hope not.

As for the Nuerburgring 24Hs being at the same weekend as the LM 24Hs. There's a bank holiday on Thursday before the race and they picked that weekend so that the volunteer helpers won't need to take another day off. That was their line of reasoning, whether it makes any sense or not. Anyway, it's not the first time that the LM 24Hs and the Nuerburgring 24Hs happened at the same weekend. It will be interesting to see what drivers will cover the most miles, on the circuit... and in the air.  Wink
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 12:16:11 pm by hgb » Logged

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 12:34:51 pm »

Roadworks were well underway for during pre-Qual weekend. There was very little traffic on the 138 on saturday but when we returned we were stuck in traffic where new bridges were being built. With Le Mans traffic in Jume I reckon that it could add one hour to the journey from Rouen.

JPChenet, Steve any more comments on that??
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 12:39:30 pm »

My knowledge of the French road system is that it can take forever to make the final decision to start something, but when they do, they crack on with it and get it done. Therefore the stuff we saw three weeks ago I guess will be finished before June? I thinkrest of the work they will then be doing will be running alongside the existing road so should not effect it. Perhaps Gilles can expand on this??

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 01:39:44 pm »

Gilles - is the Monday (7th) a public holiday this year? It was last year and not many shops were open IIRC.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 01:40:01 pm by smokie » Logged
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 02:45:50 pm »

When i came through last week, it was evident that the Alencon - Le Mans link Motorway was being extended, in the direction of Caen / Cherbourg. maybe thats what the delays are about.

Oh, just a point. The tolls were free for Bikers last weekend as the Moto GP was on , and it was a Government plan !!

Wonder if cars go free next month ?

Take life by the horns and live it.
engineerjim
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 03:06:19 pm »

Try this link

http://www.info-autoroute.com/interactive.html

regards
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: