Club Arnage
June 04, 2024, 01:16:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cherbourg to Arnage Route  (Read 10193 times)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2005, 01:56:04 am »

Oh yes, I aint that soft.... I do that too! Last year (Nearly wrote this year!) I phoned SWMBO from Tetre Rouge corner just as the first cars went by... "What's all that bloody awful noise?" was the dumb question.

Grin

O happy days......

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2005, 11:41:34 am »

I usually just phone them at the start of the race from the pit straight!!  Grin

Or phone them and leave messages on their answer phones - great ain't it  Grin

We can dial straight into the works tannoy from outside. So a few times in the past at around 3 in the morning, they've had Danes singing, airhorns, 15 mins from Arnage corner to name just a few (it took a bit working out they said). Course I always deny it on my return when the gaffa tries to bollock me.
Gordonwr
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2005, 02:44:47 pm »

Thanks for that Stu, got route off and it looks like it could be fun, will let you know how I get on, cheers Gordon.

Always go into a corner too fast, in case it turns out to be a quick one!
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2005, 02:49:20 pm »

Thanks for that Stu, got route off and it looks like it could be fun, will let you know how I get on, cheers Gordon.

Thank Big H for sending it to Smokie and then Smokie for sending it to me.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2005, 03:14:25 pm »

Note the date on the bottom of the route - 1992. Could be that some small changes might be in order!
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2005, 11:43:13 pm »

Peter

If you are looking for an intresting route down look at the D roads.
I usually go back to Caen via Mayenne/Domfront/Flers great old style French roads.
If I was looking for an alternative route from Cherbourg, would consider dropping down to St Lo, then to Vire, onto Flers/Domfront/Mayenne/Conlie, this brings you out onto the N138 3 kilometers north of the le Mans ring road.

This is not the fastest route, but certainly more intresting than the N roads, and if you are in the spider you can pop past any slow traffic almost as easily as we can on the bikes.

Cheers Barry

Barry, yes it is a sceanic route used last year for the PQ's and enjoyed its many sweeping pieces of road.

Also have looked at the route on Aysedasi's web page which is similar so may try that for a change.  He has other suggestions from Caen and Calais as well.  Rather be travelling the quieter French roads enjoying the scenary.  Hope to catch up with you guys in a few weeks.  all the best Peter

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk/2002/directions/lmcherbourg.htm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: