Club Arnage
May 29, 2024, 09:02:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans - In the lap of the gods - Charity Sale  (Read 4968 times)
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2007, 07:25:32 pm »

I know we forbid auctions on CA but the idea for this one is for a charity and I'm asking how folks feel about putting up a special signed copy up for sale here on CA.

John Mathews of  "Bigger Picture" called me today and asked if he (in conjunction with Martin Short) could put up a special signed copy of this DVD for auction on CA with proceeds going to a children's charity of our choice.

Comments please.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mans-Lap-Gods/dp/B000JJ7C1W
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 07:32:04 pm »

I think anything for a full valid charity deserves as much support as you can give. If, as in this case, it means a slight breach of your guidelines, then as long as it is made clear that it is only for charity, I personally cannot see how anyone could be too upset about it.

I would suggest that perhaps you would wish to make an entirely seperate sub-board on the forum for this, which can be hidden when finished.

I would also like to say, that I think this is a very nice gesture on behalf of John Mathews, Martin Short and Bigger Picture.

Thanks guys, however this works out.
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 08:49:24 pm »

Any chance of adding it to the DfH auction next Friday? The upside is it will be the next, large gathering of CA folk, the auction is already planned and it evades any conflict of interest on this forum.

The downside is is the benefit charity is not related to children.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 09:02:19 pm »

Martin Short has already donated something to the DfH auction in aid of BigH's charity bike ride.  Cheesy

If we did auction it at the DfH party we could specify that it was going to a childrens charity.

Or if GF wants to do it via a forum style auction here then that would be good too. What's important is that we raise as much as possible for a worthy charity.

If we are looking for suggestions, might I put forward Great Ormond Street Hospital? Or perhaps the Make A Wish Foundation?

Dave, as for whether we should do it on here, I guess we'd need to ask the site owner for his permission...................oh, that's you!!!  Grin
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 10:23:40 pm »

I don't see that this idea violates the "code of conduct" for the site.    Not just any old Tom, Dick or Harry can do such a thing.  There are a number of options open.   The Auction Site might have a bigger audiance.  But if it's for CA'ers only then here is the best place.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 11:05:16 pm »

i have a signed pair of Andy Wallaces gloves and boots that he wore at Daytona one year.
You are welcome to sell them on

PM
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 11:16:46 pm »

Any chance of adding it to the DfH auction next Friday? The upside is it will be the next, large gathering of CA folk, the auction is already planned and it evades any conflict of interest on this forum.

Surely the largest gathering is online!  Running an auction on the forum is a great idea,  but it should be done a week or so after Le Mans,  gives everyone a chance to bid then.  Some have already left or will leave shortly, and some like me won't be back till the weekend after, so the best chance of a good price must be after the event,  plus the proper CA and LM fans will be online then.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 11:18:46 pm »

i have a signed pair of Andy Wallaces gloves and boots that he wore at Daytona one year.
You are welcome to sell them on

PM

What would you like to do with them PM?

1. Auction then on here for a childrens charity?
2. Auction them at the DfH Party/Auction for CA charities in general
3. Auction them at the DfH Party/Auction for one of the three CA charities in particular

I'm sure whichever of the three the items will be greatly receieved and hopefully a substantial donation will be made!
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 11:24:49 pm »

JP

If there was an auction at DFH then I could bring them with me next week. I think for the huge effort BigH is making,I would like the money to go to him

PM
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 11:27:16 pm »

There IS an auction on our fridaynightparty, as is announced here: http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=7284.0

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 11:35:24 pm »

That's great PM!!

As well as Mrs BigH getting a new kidney last year, my sister-in-law is currently on the list for one too so this is a charity close to my heart, hence why I've been doing a bit behind the scenes to get some donations. The DfH guys have some too, which I believe they are doing for the CA Charities in general but the donations I have got are aimed at BigH's fund to boost the Kidney Research UK pot. Still waiting for the pledged items to arrive so we won't list them yet but if the promises arrive we'll have stuff donated by drivers, teams and a few individuals that will be well worth people dipping into their wallet for!!  Smiley
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 03:08:32 am »

I have taken a note of the thread, would you mind if I approach a contact at LeMans Aston Martin team for an item for auction to add to DFH party auction if it takes place? No promises yet as I will be hopefully meeting at the Aston hospitality paddock set up.

Andy
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 09:55:45 am »

That's great PM!!

As well as Mrs BigH getting a new kidney last year, my sister-in-law is currently on the list for one too so this is a charity close to my heart, hence why I've been doing a bit behind the scenes to get some donations. The DfH guys have some too, which I believe they are doing for the CA Charities in general but the donations I have got are aimed at BigH's fund to boost the Kidney Research UK pot. Still waiting for the pledged items to arrive so we won't list them yet but if the promises arrive we'll have stuff donated by drivers, teams and a few individuals that will be well worth people dipping into their wallet for!! 

Powermite and JPC, that's just tremendous lads, I'm quite touched at this end (quiet at the back!), sterling stuff indeed. I don't know what to say, apart from "thanks", "have a cold one" and "have you seen the state of my bottom?"
Good work!!
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 10:20:25 am »

I have taken a note of the thread, would you mind if I approach a contact at LeMans Aston Martin team for an item for auction to add to DFH party auction if it takes place? No promises yet as I will be hopefully meeting at the Aston hospitality paddock set up.

Absolutley Andy, the more the merrier!
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 01:33:40 pm »

Absolutley Andy, the more the merrier!

that would be much appreciated indeed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: