Club Arnage
June 05, 2024, 08:49:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone been to the new Wembley  (Read 4258 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2007, 12:17:14 am »

It really doess seem to be London stadium day for me doesn't it. First Twickenham and now Wembley.

I am thinking of going to the Race of Champions at Wembley in a few weeks time but read on the Wembley website that they do not allow professional type cameras in the stadium, only small compact type digital cameras. I e mailed wembley to ask and they basically said anything with a removable lens would be classed as professional.

This is a motorsport event afterall and in 33 years i haven't been unable to take a camera into a motorsport facility and hope that wembley won't be enforcing this rule for the ROC but who knows. I would imagine that the majority of motorsports enthusiasts will turn up on the day with cameras.

I have e mailed the organisers to ask them to ask Wembley if they will allow SLR type cameras in for the event but I am waiting a reply.

I don't want to buy my tickets without some sort of idea of an answer.

So has anyone been to the new Wembley and if so, what have they inplace regarding bag searches etc, what will they let you take in and what do they frown upon. Will they say anything about my camera equipment, and whats the score with taking your own sandwiches and a small drink etc in a plastic bottle.

Thanks
Chris

Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 01:32:32 am »

Chris,

Can't answer this about Wembley, but I've encountered it elsewhere.

I was on the Lions tour of Oz in 2001. I sat in the stadium in Sydney, minding my own business, filming the the preparations of the test match on a video camera, and was told to stop filming, or have the camera confiscated.

It seems that the filming rights of live events are now sold off and fiercely protected, precluding you from taking video images of the event. Maybe this extends to digital cameras, as they have video capability.

As to what constitutes "professional equipment", I have no idea.

Digital SLR's are common place now. Just because you own a digital SLR, surely it doesn't mean that you earn a living from it, or even know how to use it?

I say take it, and if you get pulled, stop using it.

Best of luck

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 06:08:49 am »

whats the score with taking your own sandwiches and a small drink etc in a plastic bottle.

I think I did - actually - piss myself, when I read this.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 10:11:50 am »

Forget a pack up/butties and drinks;  at the FA cup final this year all food was removed on entry to the stadium and you had to purchase from the on site catering establishments. I understand that you need a mortgage to pay for the food, chicken and chips was a tenner, burger and chips £7.50. Cameras were being removed from people, there is a sign at the entry points clearly stating NO CAMERA'S Shocked!

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 10:47:36 am »

You may be in trouble Chris. A good friend of mine was stopped at the entrance to one of these events and they pulled a D3 with a 600mm lens out of his ar*e, so my guess is they'll be pretty thorough.
Luckily, they didn't find his sandwiches or his Thermos, how they missed them I'm not quite sure, they must have been far enough up there to check his fillings. I suppose you might get away with a couple of memory cards, and if found out claim it's an experiment in bio-electronics and then recite the entire contents of your local Yellow Pages.
It's a minefield alright.
H

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 10:49:47 am by BigH » Logged

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 12:40:50 pm »

And they say it's a free society.....really heightens the anticipation for a great day out and atmosphere at such events....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 01:43:23 pm »

If this is going to be the case, then I will save myself the bother, time and money and stay at home at watch it for free on Eurosport.

Going to call Wembley though first and ask in person if the ROC organisers don't reply.

Regards
Chris
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 01:51:58 pm »

Definately banned at Football Matches, they confiscated my Motorcycle helmet last time I went...

Steward: "you might throw it"
Me: "and how would I get home then?"
Steward: "someone else might throw it"
Me: "I have two friends sat either side of me...im considerably bigger than all of them, if they throw it, then I'll throw them"
Steward: "How is that going to help?"
Me: "Well it'll make me feel better"
Steward: "what if they land on people below"
Me: "Do you think I'm serious?"
Steward: "I don't know"
Me:  "So I'm going to throw my £250 helmet, which protects my head on a bike that does 0-60 quicker than you can work out the number that comes after 2, at my fellow country men owing to the fact that the croatians are on the other side of the stadium, and then face a ride home, in the pouring rain, without a helmet am i?  "
Steward: "Maybe"
Me: "Just take it and tell me where the Feck I can get it from at the end of the game...if I can't find you with it, then I will be personally invoicing you for the recovery of my bike and me, 100 miles to home, the replacement of my helmet and and my £100 lock, or the wall to which it is currently attached dependant on the way in which the recovery man decides to remove it...ok?"
Steward: "OK....Enjoy the game..."

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Queen Vic of the Melans
CA Veteran

Vicky

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 02:12:50 pm »

I went to Wembley for "Live Earth" earlier this year.  They are funny about things, but I'd be shocked if they could enforce the professional camera rule! 

Regarding food and drink - I called to find out the situation in July and as long as food/drink is unopened then you can take it into the stadium.  Bottles have to be sealed and food still in packets (sandwiches sealed etc).  The food there is a rip off but it's not bad quality.  Beware that they don't try to take all of the tops off your bottles of water when you enter.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 03:25:51 pm »

whats the score with taking your own sandwiches and a small drink etc in a plastic bottle.

And don't forget your bobble hat and kagoulee Chris!

Incidentally Chris, why don't you go and enjoy the action for what it is; entertainment. I've never really understood the requiremement to photograph to death every single motorsport event. The camera can easily become the focus of attention rather than what's going on around you and gets in the way of the enjoyment. Le Mans a bit different I guess, it goes on so long. But I know folk who have watched, say, rally cars on a corner in Grizedale and have never seen any cars through their own eyes, only through the lens of a blessed SLR. If you go and watch a Rugby League game I bet you don't spend half the time taking snaps!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 03:59:33 pm »

LOL  !  laugh

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 07:00:11 pm »

Well I e mailed both Wembley and the organisers IMP, and I must have appealed to their common sense and got the following reply from Wembley. So all being well I can now take in my proper camera on Sunday. I will of course be taking a copy of the email with me in case I run into any issue with security on the day though.

Thank you for your email regarding the use of cameras at the Race of Champions Event.

This has been discussed between Wembley Stadium and the Race of Champion organisers and given the nature of the Event, have decided to allow cameras into the Stadium.

Our Ground Regulations currently prohibit the use of ‘Professional cameras & recording devises’. Under this regulation and for all other Events, we only permit small, automatic, digital cameras inside the Stadium.

Please note that for this event we will be slightly relaxing this Ground Regulation.  However we will not permit any sort of camera stand/tripod and/or excessive amounts of Photographic Equipment due to space limitations and Safety measures within the seating areas.

However please also note that our Turnstile Staff retain the right to refuse entry to any prohibited items.

We hope you will have a fantastic time at the Stadium for what is promised to be a very exciting event.

Regards

Customer Service Team
Weena

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 09:13:11 pm »

Hi Chris

I'm going so we'll have to try and meet up for a drink or two  Wink

Rowena  Smiley
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 12:36:06 am »

And me.  Grin

And I'm getting the train so a drink or two sounds like a fine idea.   Wink

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: