Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 04:00:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JP Chenet  (Read 4913 times)
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2003, 07:44:56 pm »

Wink
Mrs RS2 and I were gliding down the isles of our local Champion looking for some vino to take to our French neighbours for a little soiree we had been invited to when we came upon a bottle of JP Chenet.

It was Euro1.95

I mean, I haven't tasted it but isn't that a bit too cheap?

JP Chenet, why the name (as has been asked of Gilles) and WHY so cheap.

RS2 Babe
x
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 08:01:52 pm »

Saw the same in my local SPAR shop last night.
What exactly does it taste like?
PM
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 08:32:21 pm »

There are actually now a couuple of different types. I still prefer the original Cabernet Syrah. Mrs JP Chenet has been known to be partial to their Chardonnay too when we've ben camping or at Disneyland Paris.

The main reason we drink it at Le Mans is that it's reasonable but as you have already stated, it's cheap (we prefer to say "value for money", don't like saying that we buy cheap things  Smiley) The novelty factor with the bent neck makes it a bit different too, and it was because if this that our group in 2001 decided to call ourselves The Winebenders. We approached the UK distributors and asked them for some promo stuff but they didn't come up with anything.

I think it's like many "holiday" experiences too. It always tastes better on a campsite in Le Mans that it does at home. I tend to prefer heavier, fuller bodied wines normally, but with a BBQ in the sun it's not a bad drop!!

If your looking to impress your friends RS2 then I'd maybe get something a little better recognised, but it's worth grabbing a bottle the next time you are at Champion to try with a BBQ.

Enjoy!!
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2003, 09:43:22 pm »

JP CHENET is just a "value for money" drink for LM pilgrimage exactly. It's a summer red wine, not too strong so easily drinkable on evening on campsite or at a BBQ.

RS2 Babe you still can try to impress your friends with it, they will excuse you just because of your British taste  Tongue !!!! Are these people really your friends if you spend less than 2 euros in a bottle  Wink

I really can't advise you on wine as a gift, it's just a matter of taste and money and occasion and many other minor but important factors. Kpy and I will be pleased to advise you BTW. Sorry that you miss our wine tour on Friday morning !

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 05:11:32 am »

Wine Tour What Wine Tour Huh I thought you and KPY were working all week end Shocked
Next Year maybe and followed by a Cidre?
Canada Phil
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2003, 09:05:06 am »

Is it a very pleasurable wine better than many more expensive wines!!

"Bargain Booze" in Worcester had it at £10 for 3 bottles (bloody cheap), and the first time I've seen it in the UK, but they had sold out  Sad

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2003, 01:01:17 pm »

Wine Tour What Wine Tour Huh I thought you and KPY were working all week end Shocked
Next Year maybe and followed by a Cidre?
Canada Phil

Don't ever try to mix the both if you want to stay in good health.

Cidre was used not as alcohol but as refreshing drink in countryside and it was the introduction for children to the fabulous world or alcohol consumption !!!

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: