Club Arnage
June 05, 2024, 12:27:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations..., to all those born in the 70s and earlier  (Read 11543 times)
Leftie
Club Arnage God

Team Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 09:58:30 pm »

I just gratefull we didn't play 'William Tell', I'd still be serving Her Majesties' time!!!!!!!!!

At my age, it takes me all night to do what I used to do all night!!!!!!!!!!!
Then, growing old is compulsary, but growing up is just optional.

I don't do GREEN, I've got a 4x4
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 12:14:30 pm »

Throwing thunderflashes in the river and then filling your boots with trout for dinner, turning your push bike into a grass track racer with cow horns and fixed wheel and racing around the woods, (we even had sidecars on some!) Motorbikes without helmets, cars without seat belts, no supermarkets and no sell by dates, no gun licences, no MOT, (remember it was only ever going to be the "Ten Year Test"?) bathing in the river, petrol at 4/6d (23p) a gallon, cigarettes you could buy in 5's (remember Domino ciggies?) the Ace café when it the real Ace, the Brighton riots, my first E type in 1967, no speed limits, skating in the water meadows in winter (and going through sometimes!), rat shooting when they took the hay ricks apart, air rifle fights, drinking with the local copper and driving home after, beer at 1/- (5p) a pint, getting paid every Friday and getting wasted then staying in until the next weekend, the debut of Carnaby Street and seeing the Beatles not only in concert but on the roof of the Apple building, the Stones with Brian Jones and the St John's Ambulance treating girls who fainted and then were passed hand over hand backwards over the heads of the crowd, my first car costing £10 (Austin Ruby). Ah, I could go on but they were truly the golden days when jobs were two a penny and life was free and easy. Oh and NO SPEED CAMERAS!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: