Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 07:02:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1973 Le Mans entry GRAC MT14s  (Read 3752 times)
goodwoodweirdo
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2003, 02:41:19 pm »

Cheesy

Can anyone help, I'm looking for information / pictures on the Michel Latesfe Grac 14s.

I am restoring a similar car and desperately need photos / specification.

Please email me at matthew.mason@skynet.be

Many thanks in advance
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 03:24:53 pm »

Hi Matthew,

I'll have a look in my mass of automobilia and magazines. Did you notice any other events apart LM73 where your car took part?

Just ask also Kpy who know work for Automobile Historique and who could help you in your quest.

Keep in touch,

Gilles

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
goodwoodweirdo
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 05:28:23 pm »

Gilles,

Very nice car btw.

I don't have much to go on, what I do know is my car was built to compete in the Simca sports cup / Simca shell cup in France. Where upon it changed hands and was used for hill climb in Germany, due to the regulations it was modified and fitted with a Renault Alpine A310 body. Anyway 30 years later and I have it.

It has GRAC MT12 moulded on the rear uprights, but via via we have spoken with the original designer who doesn't have information of a 12. After further investigation I see my chassis is identical to the MT14. The only information I can find, apart from race results is this entry into LM and the 2.0ltr Simca sports race around the same date.

Anything you can dig up would gratefully received. Are you based in France ? as I understand its here the cars had most of their success.

Cheers Matt

Roll Eyes
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 10:43:29 pm »

Hi Matt,

As you already noticed, I'm based in france, so if you're looking for some parts which won't be available in your country, probably the best way to find them is France.

These days I begin to restorate a 63' Panhard PL17 which is a French air-cooled flat-twin sedan. So I've got many contacts in calssic cars here in France, just missed to buy a Simca van 2 years ago.

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 10:17:44 am »

Guys - try the GPMA (Grand Prix Modelling Association) group at Yahoo (sorry can't give you the link at the moment because the computer at work bars access to Yahoo, but I think it is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gpma).   Its a  bunch of guys (and a few ladies) located worldwide who are into scale modelling of racing cars, with a particular emphasis on gt and endurance racers - try joining the group and asking for any information concerning the cars - these guys have a serious amount of reference material and knowledge, so a request may well  throw up some pictures or other information.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: