Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 08:52:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorsport can be dangerous!!!  (Read 4601 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2005, 08:34:34 am »

Probably the most graphic video of motorsport and day to day motoring I have come across so far. Contains graphic images of people being hit by a multitude of vehicles bth on and off the track.

http://www.filecabi.net/host/file/1120744037/wmv
stuey
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 09:56:31 am »

Probably the most graphic video of motorsport and day to day motoring I have come across so far. Contains graphic images of people being hit by a multitude of vehicles bth on and off the track.

Sorry, but I don't see why anyone would want to watch something like that ?!!!!!
Maybe its just me, but that is one link I just would have no inclination to click on.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 10:08:27 am »

Yes, 3 minutes of rather unpleasant video clips.
I wouldn't bother if you've just eaten.  Lips Sealed

Steve East Anglian cobras

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 11:28:40 am »

very ghoulish
Pastis - team JPC
CA Veteran

A mine of useless information!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 12:07:32 pm »

One can only hope that some of the people weren't as badly injured as it seems they must be.

But, talking about the rally clips, spectators do seem to stand in the most stupid places - on the outside of a bend, just on the apex for gawd's sake!!!  Huh
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 12:34:00 pm »

I could only watch about a minute of this Shocked

There must be a market for it this sort of stuff or why bother to compile it.  Huh
You would have to be one sick bastard to enjoy watching this.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 12:48:19 pm »

By my reckonning, I don't think it was posted to be "enjoyable". I'm presuming it was posted to warn about the dangers of our sport and the risks taken by those involved in racing who give freely of their own time.

The rally clips are really poignant to me. The main problems were always at the Portugese, where the spectators thought it macho to try and touch the cars as they went past. Death and permanent disablement were seen as an occupational hazard. Being a Group B fan in the eighties, and a sector marshall on the RAC and other top events, I became appalled by the idiocy of spectators. I once stopped a stage on the Audisport in Wales because some c*nt insisted on taking a dog into the stage. It wasn't even on a lead! The problem was solved by advising the crowd that the stage was being stopped and pointing them, baying for blood, in the direction of the miscreants. It's amazing what an angry mob can pursuade people to do.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 01:59:42 pm »

But, talking about the rally clips, spectators do seem to stand in the most stupid places - on the outside of a bend, just on the apex for gawd's sake!!!  Huh

My sentiments exactly! 

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2005, 10:54:05 pm »

Was there not a report of one team finding part of a finger on one of the rallycars?

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
downshift62
CA Veteran

We go to races!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2005, 05:19:14 am »

There is nothing funny or entertaining about that video at all.  I have watched someone get hit by a car.  It's terrible.  To glorify it like this is awful. 

I LOVE motorsports.  This is the kind of stuff that makes it go away. 
Fax
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 06:27:14 am »

Have'nt tried to open it but I've seen enough of Tom Pryce collecting a young marshal at Kyalami and Roger Williamson trapped under a burning car at Zandvort to understand that the gore factor is not what intrigues me about this sport we love.  I saw the 1967 Monaco GP on ABC's Wide World of Sports..........Nuff Said! (Sorry about that Lorenzo, you haven't been forgotten)
Fax
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 12:42:31 pm »

By my reckonning, I don't think it was posted to be "enjoyable". I'm presuming it was posted to warn about the dangers of our sport and the risks taken by those involved in racing who give freely of their own time.

Thanks Andy, that was exactly my reason for posting it! Hence why I also stated how graphic it was!

There is nothing funny or entertaining about that video at all.  I have watched someone get hit by a car.  It's terrible.  To glorify it like this is awful. 

I'm sorry if you feel that was my intention but I don't believe I have stated that it was either funny or entertaining, and I certainly was not trying to glorify it.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 02:02:13 pm »

I'd imagine that the total body count in this collection of clips is extremely high.

Clearly the clips would,'t make one of the many "police stop" type collections due to the ferocity of the accidents.  Whilst many of the clips were of motor sport , some were road accidents, the type that happen daily either due to excess speed, bad driving or just an error.

Viewing this type of video as part of the learner driver training might have more effect on road safety than all the speed cameras in the country.

In fact as many of the "police stop" videos show people getting up and walking away or have the disclaimer "no one was badly hurt"  actually could give the wrong message.

Earlier this year I arrived on the scene of an accident and had to take evasive action to avoid  the body lying on the road , it certainly had an effect on me and this has brought it back to me.

I couldn't work in the police force or firebrigade and possibly face these events daily.

Stu

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: