Club Arnage
June 05, 2024, 01:05:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: London Again!  (Read 11111 times)
speedjester
CA Veteran

Why are the french so disorganised?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 01:55:43 pm »

I dont mean to offend anyone.  Its just a bit to close to home!

I think that the Police, HEMS, the ambulance service, the hospitals, the authorities and London as a whole is doing a sterling job of getting through this rather dangerous and difficult time.  I do wonder though, how many people who are saying that the police shot an innocent man, would act if that so called innocent, but running away man, had gone ahead and blown up another tube! Exactly everyone would ask why didnt the police do something as some people have already asked! The Police have 2 seconds to make a decision and lets get behind them and if they see fit to shoot, lets back them, lets face it, they have more info than we do! 

A friend of mine was on the next carriage to the guy whose bomb didnt go off last week and watched the guy smouldering before he ran off! He spent some 5 hours with special branch helping them to piece together what happened as he has a good deal of knowledge about this sort of thing being in a section of the Marines. And he is just glad that it didnt go off! As we all are.  He does say though that if he could got to him, he would ripped his bl**dy head off! Bomb or no bomb! The intent was there and that was a good enough reason to act!
I hope no one takes offence and certianly not meant to stir but please lets get behind those who are doing a good job and who have to make those decisions that lets face it we wouldn't want to make either.  Thats my piece for what its worth!
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 11:05:24 pm »

Its worth pointing out that the police doing the chasing. thought that the guy had a bomb straped to himself, yet they carried on to the point of getting close enough to take him down.

How many of the people complaining today and calling the police murderers would chase, let alone pile onto someone they thought might have bomb in an effort to protect others?
Your spot on Nordic - they should be given a medal for bravery, yes its tragic and If it was my next of kin it would destroy my world, but maybe his relatives will, one day, understand that the Police were reacting in the only way possible. To pursue and jump on him with the belief that he was a suicide bomber that intended to harm as many poeple as possible was an incredibly brave thing to do.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2005, 12:45:00 pm »

In view of the arrests on the train from Newcastle, may I remind everyone that its Thursday tomorrow, and the lunatics may be out again, hopefully in reduced number.

Take care, we want to see you all next June

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2005, 03:42:08 pm »

Been looking after a friends dog here in the south of france while he went back to the UK for 2 weeks, that was 7 weeks ago now with no word, just learnt by email today that he was on the Kings cross train when a bomb went off and put him in hospital, he's ok now and returning soon , just goes to show the far reaching effects of events like these Angry

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2005, 03:46:43 pm »

Good news that your friend is ok Gary. That must have seemed one hell of a long 7 weeks with no news.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2005, 04:07:52 pm »

Unfortunately the joke with the locals was that he had left the dog with us for good, before we knew the proper story

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2005, 06:12:27 pm »

Seven weeks? On the basis that the bombs were three weeks ago and he left the dog with you for two weeks some seven weeks ago, I would still be suspicious as to his original intentions vis a vis returning to collect the dog.  Wink

Glad to see they caught one of the bombers last night. Luckily they were sh**t terrorists and couldn't blow up a balloon at a party even if Osama Bin Laden really wanted an inflatable giraffe.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pastis - team JPC
CA Veteran

A mine of useless information!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2005, 12:16:18 pm »

Its worth pointing out that the police doing the chasing. thought that the guy had a bomb straped to himself, yet they carried on to the point of getting close enough to take him down.

How many of the people complaining today and calling the police murderers would chase, let alone pile onto someone they thought might have bomb in an effort to protect others?

It's especially brave considering the nature of the explosive they seem to be using.  TATP or acetone peroxide is EXTREMELY unstable, a  sharp blow or friction can be enough to set it off.

Worth remembering for any CA'ers in a heat of the moment 'have a go' mood (lots of people chased one of the attempted bombers a couple of weeks back), D'ONT attempt a rugby tackle!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: