Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 08:11:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Box Bernie?  (Read 3051 times)
Dan Lowe
CA Veteran

www.24hourlemons.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« on: December 12, 2004, 02:56:49 am »

Bernie must be standing on a box for this photo surely!  Does he have no shame?!!

http://www.crash.net/uk/en/picture_view.asp?cid=1&pid=161442

P.S I hope he fell off his box

24 hour lemons - Lemons by name, Lemons by nature
Fax
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 07:09:34 am »

Oh Dear, Bernie....
Contrary to what I have often written about BE I actually very mixed feelings about his role in GP history.  No doubt about it, he's a greedy, money grubbing little c**t who thinks that material wealth is the be all & end all of existance of human life.  Sorry SOB.  That said, he took GP racing out of the stone ages and gave the drivers and team owners a voice in the way the sport is conducted.  Prior to the formation of FOCA the team owners and drivers were at the mercy of the circut owners and local officials who were all convinced that the the GP circus showed up every year simply to line their (the circut owners and promoters) pockets.  Bernard's greatest contribution to the sport may have been the formation of the FIA safety commitee and bring Prof. Watkins aboard to lead it.  A  great many racing drivers and marshals are still alive today owing to the efforts of BE & Sir JYS.  Bernie was the team manager of Winkleman Racing and Jochen Rindt's personal manager (and one of the first on the scene of his fatal accident at Monza, it was he who carried Jochen's helmet back to the pits) so he was all too aware of the perils the drivers used to face.
Fax
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 10:07:19 am »

Congratulations to Bernie - he actually found somebody who is smaller than him to stand next to!! (I wonder how much he paid him)

Yes he has appeared to have done allot for motor racing sport - or were they small concessions within his personal wealth plan after much pressure from the real hero's of changing the sport for the better such as JYS and Dr Sid.
As I have said before, Brad and I had some great times at The Silverstone GP at the beginning of the 90's but as the years went on it was obvious that we were witnessing the fact that motor racing fans were considered just a nuisance who got in the way of the Corporate Guests and were priced out, restricted in their access, any decent viewing point had a stand with corporate entertaining marquee’s built on them etc etc.

Bernie is a Scrote and always will be.

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 11:47:43 am »

" motor racing fans were considered just a nuisance who got in the way of the Corporate Guests "

This isn't the sole preserve of F1 these days...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 12:38:34 pm »

Sadly it's true of most major sporting events.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 04:06:59 pm »

Not so at the LMES at Silverstone. I was wandering around the Audi UK team garage 2 hours before the race Merrily snapping away with my trusty box  brownie. McNish was in there being interviewed by some hack. I wasn't bounced out on my ear or even told to piss off so there is hope for us mere mortals in this world of corperate hospitality.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
ian murat
CA Veteran

mozilla firefox

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 10:30:13 pm »

Not so at the LMES at Silverstone. I was wandering around the Audi UK team garage 2 hours before the race Merrily snapping away with my trusty box  brownie. McNish was in there being interviewed by some hack. I wasn't bounced out on my ear or even told to piss off so there is hope for us mere mortals in this world of corperate hospitality.

true the eldest went in every garage, talked to all the drivers, played with the software/laptops, sat in all the cars, even when mechanics were repairing cars and he was in the way he never got asked to move or pushed out of the way, and the crowning moment...........stood on the front of the commer

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: