Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 11:56:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some suggestions  (Read 97699 times)
Paulathedrooler
CA Veteran

R.I.P to the Llamma, hello to the Mauri.

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2003, 01:31:27 pm »

Hi, as a new user do not know if I am doing this right but here goes. My name is Paula, I live in Manchester.
Just been dumped by boy freind, the problem that I have is that we had booked for the 24hr leman race. I have not been before. I have tickets for a camp site called Maison Blanche. Is this far from the track? What is security like. My best friend Jayne, has aggreed to come in boyfreinds place but we are worried that two 24 year old girls on their own may be at risk.
Or are there plenty of English men and women that use this site.
We do like to party, what are the bars and night life like.
Hope there is some one that can help.
Paula.XXXXX

Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2003, 01:46:32 pm »

Paula, think you are going to be surprised to the reponse to your requests,on this forum. M.B is right on the circuit, very safe providing you do not leave valubales laying around, but not a lot to do of an eveniing and not a lot of partys take place Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
brian

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2003, 01:52:48 pm »

Paula,
You have a ticket for what's probably the best campsite.
The track runs next to it, so depending where you pitch your tent, you can be 20m or 200m from it.
Security's not bad, we have never had a problem. It's mainly men, some of them are lovely, on the campsites, but there are quite a few women around, as well as families, couples etc. There are a few men who would like to be women.
It is very good natured, everyone is up for a laugh, and the party atmosphere lasts for about 4 days. There are plenty bars/restaurants/snack bars etc around the circuit.
As the ad says, just do it, you won't regret a minute.
Any more questions, just ask!
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2003, 02:12:57 pm »

Paula,

Best thing for you to do is hook up with a group of Maison Blanche regulars. They are a mostly harmless and fairly well behaved bunch.
They will be happy help, and show you the ropes at the track.

Let us know how you get on in the 'it happened to me' forum.

Paulathedrooler
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2003, 02:53:32 pm »

Thanks for that,Brian,H and Dave.What is the best day to arrive as we both are off work for the week before and the week after the race. A friend that lives in Normandy, has suggested that we leave our car at Portsmouth, long stay is only around £35, for 4 days. This would allow us to travel as foot passengers and our friend is lending us a Triumph Stag, to drive to the track, this means that we can travel when we want.
Do you have access to the camp site with your car?and is we get stuck putting up our tent is there any guy's that would lend a hand and maybe show us the sites.

Paula.
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 03:02:20 pm »

Paula,

You can park up next to your tent, no problem there. If you want a good spot then come early.
There is activity all week from Monday and Tuesday scrutineering in the Place de Jacobins in
the city centre, to qualifying Wednesday and Thursday and the parade on Friday.
Oh yes, and a race on Saturday and Sunday  Smiley

Dave.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 03:13:29 pm »

Paula, we will be on site from the Monday, on M.B. Look for Silver Ford Ranger and portable garage, any help you require we have a strong young un in our party that will assist with any problems that u have.

Brian. Tongue Tongue

More Low Flyer's anyone.
IanB
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2003, 05:05:48 pm »

Paula Can you or your mate cook? cos if so you can camp next to us
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 05:30:26 pm »

Ian, the amount of places you are offering to tape off for people, I think we should set off not on the Sunday 8/6/03, how does the thursday sound 5/6/03.
How much tiger tape do we have. Mind you if they can cook, why not.

Catch u later.

Brian.

More Low Flyer's anyone.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2003, 08:44:49 pm »

Hi, as a new user do not know if I am doing this right but here goes. My name is Paula, I live in Manchester.
Just been dumped by boy freind, the problem that I have is that we had booked for the 24hr leman race. I have not been before. I have tickets for a camp site called Maison Blanche. Is this far from the track? What is security like. My best friend Jayne, has aggreed to come in boyfreinds place but we are worried that two 24 year old girls on their own may be at risk.
Or are there plenty of English men and women that use this site.
We do like to party, what are the bars and night life like.
Hope there is some one that can help.
Paula.XXXXX

HI Paula,

There's not only English boys who can help you, I know at least one French one who will be pleased to do it.

Which day do you planned to arrive?

Depending of it, they're some places to visit, not only race and car related.

Cheesy If you'll be here on Friday evening, we'll be pleased to invite you at our lunch in a wonderful French restaurant.  Wink

In case of questions, don't hesitate to ask, ...

... there's probably no one that we can't answer.

Gilles

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2003, 12:11:52 am »

If I was you I'd prepare yourself for a few days of being the centre of attention, with all manner of blokes, at varying stages of ineberation, seeking to chat you up.

However theres no doubt that there will be plenty of people willing to help you erect your tent, and as my g/f says they may want help with theirs!

As has been said there all sorts of events and bars around the circuit although they are outdoors,a nd you won't find a nightclub atmosphere around the place.

Having said that I suspect you'll have a great time, you'll see some fantastic cars, you might even see a few minutes racing.

If the weather is good you'll get a great sun tan, as well has having numerous admirers offering to rub in the sun cream!  If the weather is crap its not so good!

Oh and the showers are an interesting experience!
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2003, 11:24:26 am »

Hi Paula,

As Brian has said allready there is a "youngun" in our group namely me who would be happy to help you with tents and such like.

I went to the race for first time last year and stopped at MB and we are again this year I agree with Big H probably the best site to be on, everyone is helpful and friendly and you are only 5-10mins walk away from the main stands/bars etc.

As for whether there would be any English people on the site it will be hard to spot anyone else. I think you will have a great laugh even if you don't like motoracing as there is so much to do.

Bring on the low flyers
Paulathedrooler
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2003, 12:46:50 pm »

Thanks guys, I never expected such a response you have all been very helpful. In the ticket pack left by my x boyfriend, there is a blue card membership card with the initails A.C.O, I have observed many references to this on this site. What is it, and is the card of any use to us on our visit. Thanks again for all your help.
Paula & Jayne.XXXXXX
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2003, 12:49:31 pm »

Paula,

Team Delboy Racing
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2003, 12:53:32 pm »

Delboy, what on earth happened there, did the wife appear behind you just as your male juices started to flow.

Brian.

More Low Flyer's anyone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: