Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 03:17:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1036679 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: April 30, 2004, 10:35:28 am »

Thanks dryhen good job someone is paying attention

Absolutely - and its about time for a picture (one that has not appeared before) on the original theme - how about a camper version of the Austin Maestro?   British Leyland's finest  Shocked .....and I actually saw one these unworthy contenders being driven on the road day the before yesterday.......... Shocked and someone has taken the time, trouble and money to respray this one.... Shocked

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 30, 2004, 10:36:18 am »

its about time for a picture

might help if I attached the bloody picture........

[attachment deleted by admin]

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 30, 2004, 11:05:48 am »

Now here's something - this sort of thing could well provide a serious rival to the "official" concert(s) - with all this talk of leaky fuel tanks, could it be that the Commer is really being secretly prepared.........

[attachment deleted by admin]

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 30, 2004, 01:30:54 pm »

Secret preparation? Only in so far as I'm going to have a go at welding up the leaking fuel tank tomorrow. And the leaking water pipes. And the leaking brake cylinders. Oh and the tyre man is coming with a shiny new 185 R 15C. The make of tyre is called a FATE, they're made in Slovenia. At only £24.99 delivered, balanced and fitted I'm fairly sure it'll turn out to be a Fate worse than a fate worse than death. Tongue

PS When I used to live in Soton years ago, used to go to the Dorch for gigs. Prefer the Brook in Portswood these days.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 01:33:21 pm by Andy Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: April 30, 2004, 05:48:30 pm »

I'm going to have a go at welding up the leaking fuel tank tomorrow.

Oh sh*t!!!

Steve East Anglian cobras

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 30, 2004, 06:39:16 pm »

Don't worry Steve. I should have said I'm going to braze the hole up, not weld it, so there shouldn't be a huge explosion.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 30, 2004, 09:20:50 pm »

Hey Andy, I have the instructions for brazing fuel tanks.
Light the torch...........RUN Roll Eyes
Canada Phil
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: April 30, 2004, 10:50:45 pm »

The owner of that Maestro is an MG racing fan and from Glossop , Derbyshire

he calls is Maisie !! He also is the Maestro / Montego owners club secreary, but i have a feeling you know this !

Mark , have you been searching X Power forums Huh Or MG- Rover . Org ?

Take life by the horns and live it.
dryhen
CA Veteran

Bedford CF Challenger

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 30, 2004, 11:08:08 pm »

Don't worry Steve. I should have said I'm going to braze the hole up, not weld it, so there shouldn't be a huge explosion.
Petrol tank explosions are like lightning - if you hear the thunder, you've not been hit. We will all keep our ears open for a muffled rumble tomorrow - hope to see a post from you on Sunday !!!!

The older I get, the faster I was.
Maisie
« Reply #564 on: May 01, 2004, 01:14:50 am »

Hi,

Yes, that is indeed my camper van (named Muddle after the numberplate). It's actually not as impractical as you think - the diesel engine is very economical and reliable, there's space in there for 2, and yet you can go at normal road speeds and park anywhere and the converters (Tandy on the Isle of Wight) did a very good job of cramming a surprising amount of storage space into a small area.

I couldn't say how it compares to a Commer, never having had the chance to examine a Commer closely, but I would hardly say it was "unworthy"!

I've customised mine much more than the standard version, to my tastes and to please me. I'd like others to like it, but I'm not too bothered if they don't. At least I know that wherever I go in the world, nobody will park anything similar next to me  Cheesy
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 01, 2004, 01:44:23 pm »

Respect to Maisie!

The best AA van I ever had was my old Maestro, loads of back end storage space and would pull like a train. It pulled an artic' off a roundabout once, though the clutch smelt "odd" for a day or two!!!

Grin Embarrassed Grin

Bill
« Last Edit: May 01, 2004, 01:45:19 pm by Perdu » Logged

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 01, 2004, 02:40:22 pm »

He also is the Maestro / Montego owners club secreary, but i have a feeling you know this !  Mark , have you been searching X Power forums  Or MG- Rover . Org

Robbo, indeed I did and no offence intended Maisie - respect is due to anybody who actually rebuilds and keeps cars in good order, whatever they are - after all, with me, I have the delights of an MGA, but there is also a 45-year-old bundle of rivetted fibreglass and aluminium powered by a 20hp 328cc bike engine called a Berkeley..........all the best,

Mark

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: May 01, 2004, 04:49:00 pm »

Petrol tank explosions are like lightning - if you hear the thunder, you've not been hit. We will all keep our ears open for a muffled rumble tomorrow - hope to see a post from you on Sunday !!!!

I live just down the road from Zarse, not heard anything yet. I have kept all the windows closed and the kids indoors just in case.
Did hear some sirens about 1/2 hour ago but a check from the upstairs window revealed no smoke on the southen skyline.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 03, 2004, 06:52:16 pm »

I shalln't be trying that one again. I was blown across the lawn and I'm currently in the McEndoe ward of East Grinstaed Hospital, which has a world famous burns unit. Personally, I think the surgeon has done a bloody good job, least ways considering with what little bit of my face there was left to work with.

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 04, 2004, 09:40:32 am »

Andrew, you are a silly man.  Now get out of that bed, and get on with the Commer...............  Wink

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: