Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 12:12:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1035345 times)
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #780 on: July 07, 2004, 07:20:53 pm »

Interesting event, was the nav out to lunch or just admiring the scenery?  Can't beat the ole fashioned A1 eyeball, compass and stopwatch.  It’s too easy nowadays, ever since the Jaguar navwass was introduced.

Had any experience with the pavetac bucc's?
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 07, 2004, 08:09:26 pm »

Interesting event, was the nav out to lunch or just admiring the scenery?  Can't beat the ole fashioned A1 eyeball, compass and stopwatch.  It’s too easy nowadays, ever since the Jaguar navwass was introduced.

Had any experience with the pavetac bucc's?

Slight confusion with extolling the real man nature of the F-4 running into describing the event.   No nav involved - forgot to mention that the event was with a formation of single seaters - Jaguars, with the early Navwass.....  ::)Pavetac ? designated for the first 48 live ones dropped on Garvie Island in 1982.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 07, 2004, 08:13:34 pm »

Can't beat the ole fashioned A1 eyeball, compass and stopwatch.  It’s too easy nowadays, ever since the Jaguar navwass was introduced.

Indeed - one of the jag JPs found himself rushing over the Frankfurt international overhead at about 500 feet doing 450 knots by relying on the navwass - begged the question of what the f**k he was doing with his head in the cockpit for so long not to have noticed such a minor thing as a major city passing under him......

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #783 on: July 07, 2004, 08:34:29 pm »

thats half the trouble when chasing the dials, much prefer tail draggers, wind, hair, castrol oil, dope, proper stick and a AA map for nav!
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 07, 2004, 08:48:32 pm »

thats half the trouble when chasing the dials, much prefer tail draggers, wind, hair, castrol oil, dope, proper stick and a AA map for nav!

I know - you get a nice smell, the world goes by at a sensible speed but it can still bite.  

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #785 on: July 07, 2004, 08:51:13 pm »

amen to that. Particularly if it is an aircraft you have worked on.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 07, 2004, 09:13:21 pm »

amen to that. Particularly if it is an aircraft you have worked on.

Oh yes - particualrly if you're flying it - brings whole new meanings to the words self-accountability and responsibility when it doesn't work, but a great deal of satisfaction when it does Grin

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 11, 2004, 08:36:11 pm »

Steve,

Not strictly a modern Commer replacement for Andy, but one for you perhaps??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18301&item=2484150873&rd=1

powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 11, 2004, 09:21:20 pm »

with a tub of filler and some elbow grease..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2483956951&category=14256&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:UK:1
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 12, 2004, 02:39:19 pm »

The four Olympus's on XM655 were awesome again on that engine run day. I'd like a "meet" at an airshow maybe this year I'll have to see how my shifts run though.

I'm trying again to attach a picture of the Vulc' with her nosewheels off the ground, fingers crossed! I have never yet managed to attach a picture, let's see, shall us?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 02:42:08 pm by Perdu » Logged

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 12, 2004, 02:46:07 pm »

Nope, failed again, I'll get me coat!

* sunbay2004_073.jpg (150.02 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 241 times.)

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 12, 2004, 02:49:29 pm »

Hoorah. Worked! Just one for Steve now, not a Commer replacement though sorry! Smiley

Bill

* Cobra.jpg (40.24 KB, 600x450 - viewed 261 times.)

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 12, 2004, 04:13:48 pm »

Hmmm...

You'd better take an idiot pill before bidding on that.  Tongue

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 12, 2004, 04:52:09 pm »

Just to get slightly back on track guys, does anyone know where I can obtain some modern Commer replacement wheelnuts and studs? i.e. ones that don't keep coming undone as you whizz down the road at speeds approaching 50 mph? Call me Mr Fussy, but I have no great desire to die in a Jarno Trulli-esque three wheeled, out of control, low-speed-but-no-seat-belt interface with an oak tree. It happened again yesterday, as one of the studs had completely wound it's way out and the others were on their way. It was only the death rattle from the hubcap that made me pull over...

I told you the machine was evil. Yes, I know it's got a happy smiling face, but underneath lurks the hand of doom.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 04:59:00 pm by The Artist Formerly Known as Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 12, 2004, 06:11:46 pm »

Isn't there an owners club for the Hillman or Singers? I'd think they could source some new studs for the mighty Commer, studs were basically universal round the Rootes Group back then weren't they. It sounds a bit daft but can't the nearest Peugeot Dealer get them from Rootes/Chrysler back catalogue items?

I know I can still get studs from my Midget if I need them, but the Midget uses a real rubbish type of fine threaded junk as  studs. If they should be of interest let me know.

Bill

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: