Club Arnage
April 24, 2024, 07:20:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1036602 times)
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: February 27, 2005, 06:29:39 pm »

What the hell were you searching for Mark???  

Inspired by the Popemobile, I just thought it would be interesting to see what came up closer to home on ebay motors by typing in "buggy" - aside from a couple of beach buggies, that was what came up next.   That said, that sort of thing could prove useful in June..............

Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 03, 2005, 03:44:09 pm »

continental alternatives...

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=79055&item=4530817156&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=79058&item=4531416304&rd=1

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #977 on: March 24, 2005, 12:16:42 am »

Caught this thread just before it slipped to page 5. That wouldn't do, would it?
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 24, 2005, 12:23:21 am »

WHAT page 5 Shocked
Your right just wont do!

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 24, 2005, 01:34:04 am »

blimey......not only do i now realise that my first ever boyfriend ( and the reason for my explusion for convent school) drove a commer van...........but i actually owned one of those Marina campers with the pop up roof myself too!!! blimmin' tinkers in northern spain stripped it bare tho.............. Angry

Fran
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 29, 2005, 11:40:39 am »

blimey......not only do i now realise that my first ever boyfriend ( and the reason for my explusion for convent school) drove a commer van...........but i actually owned one of those Marina campers with the pop up roof myself too!!! blimmin' tinkers in northern spain stripped it bare tho.............. Angry

Fran

Hi Fran, I'm delighted (though not really surprised) to hear that a Commer was involved in a such a outrageous scandal. I should have thought the sight of a man in a Commer lurking around the entrance a convent school would be enough to make any Head Teacher dial 999. The fact that you were expelled by the Big Cheese Nun speaks volumes for your sense of rebellion and it'll be a pleasure to meet you at LM.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #981 on: March 29, 2005, 12:35:17 pm »

The fact that you were expelled by the Big Cheese Nun speaks volumes for your sense of rebellion and it'll be a pleasure to meet you at LM.

I used to go to school with a vicious nun like that. It's not this one by any chance is it?

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 29, 2005, 02:08:17 pm »

We had a catholic priest at school who was all fun and games on the outside, but there was a viscious bastard lurking just under the surface. I think all the beatings and punishment stuff were born out of sexual frustration. I mean, it's not natural is it?  Huh

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 29, 2005, 02:15:10 pm »

Oh, by the way everyone, I dug the Commer out of her grief pit at the weekend. After a quick tow start to free the seized up drum brakes and clutch, I'm delighted to say I soon had here flying up and down the road. The starter motor has packed up (£22 exchange for a new one) and the speedo cable snapped so i couldn't see how fast (slow?) I was going. But oither than that, everything seemed pretty much ok. Next stop, MOT station....

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 29, 2005, 04:38:33 pm »

Is this MOT a prelude to her making the pilgrimage this year? I thought you had retired her

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 29, 2005, 05:27:28 pm »

Is this MOT a prelude to her making the pilgrimage this year? I thought you had retired her

Retired the Commer? Are you mad Bob? That's f**k*ng fighting talk round these parts.... "Are yew lookin' at my Commer?"

Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #986 on: March 29, 2005, 05:35:01 pm »

The fact that you were expelled by the Big Cheese Nun speaks volumes for your sense of rebellion and it'll be a pleasure to meet you at LM.

I used to go to school with a vicious nun like that. It's not this one by any chance is it?

Or maybe like this?

* Hairy_nun.jpg (21.87 KB, 342x530 - viewed 216 times.)

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 30, 2005, 10:24:16 am »

Retired the Commer? Are you mad Bob? That's f**cking fighting talk round these parts.... "Are yew lookin' at my Commer?"
987 posts and you decide not to retire her. Do you realise the amount of time and effort that everyone has put into trying to find a replacment for you ? Well thank you very much Andy. I think an appology is in order, oh and a few beers.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 30, 2005, 01:11:20 pm »

Retired the Commer? Are you mad Bob? That's f**cking fighting talk round these parts.... "Are yew lookin' at my Commer?"
987 posts and you decide not to retire her. Do you realise the amount of time and effort that everyone has put into trying to find a replacment for you ? Well thank you very much Andy. I think an appology is in order, oh and a few beers.

I grovel in humiliation.  Wink

But here's another Commer making it's delivery to Maison Blanche.

* 04090.jpg (22.81 KB, 500x337 - viewed 297 times.)

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 30, 2005, 01:16:57 pm »

And we weren't organising the beer festival until 2006!!  Wink
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: