Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 01:07:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: complaints? Le Mans?????  (Read 20062 times)
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2005, 09:07:59 am »

Kiss Kiss Kiss

There seems to be more than a few moans from people this year in connection with noise and/or camping pitches.

The moans about noise seem to come from women on various sites which is just not on.

Lets remind ourselves why we go to Le Mans - the sound of a car at top speed/changing down/up we love cars and the noise thay make. Yes the Panoz was the most loud but I loved it.

For me the sound of the cars going round Arnage is like Heavan.

I also loved the music played by fellow Le Mans lovers we were all there to enjoy ourselves.

I would not dream of asking a fellow camper to turn down their music.

STOP giving women a bad name with this migraine thing JUST DO NOT GO.

The more my chest rattled with the cars going past the better.

Don't go to Le Mans if you are going to moan.

Only stupid women and idiots moan about Le Man.

It just really annoys me that any body would complain - how stupid stupid are you

I  Love you all especially the Liverpool Boys, JP Chenet, Beermountain.com,Canada Phil, Powermite, etc etc

LOVE
RS2 BABE

But lets stamp on these idiots
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 09:34:10 am »

Wll said, my sentiments entirely,

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 10:16:28 am »

[ironic mode on] I think that's a dreadful thing to say, we went camping to France last Monday we found a lovely quiet little campsite called "White House", we found a lovely pitch near to some trees and a funny black  road with gravel flower beds around it.  It was beautiful and then do you know what happened?Huh Hoards of pissed brits turned up, playing music till all hours of the morning and letting off fireworks.  THEN some lunatics drove 49 cars (I counted them) round this funny little road for 24 hours.  It was dreadful, I could hardly concentrate on drinking my gin and tonic [ironic mode off]

Seriously I agree nothing narks me more than this contant moaning about how dreadful things were.  I was really impressed with the toilets and showers on  MB, granted there weren't that many of them but they were all clean and tidy whenever I used them and that can't have been an easy task with that many people and in the heat.   And on that subject - how many people actually put any money in the tin?

Yes it's noisy - it's a race, yes people play music loud and let off fireworks - everyone is having fun it's allowed.  The one that narked me was the tosser wheelspinning round the campsite at 4am one morning - not so much because of the noise more because it was blooming dangerous, there were tents pitched four feet from where he was spinning and I doubt that he was sober.  Fun is one thing - endangering others safety is something different.  

I slept with ear plugs and ear defenders on at night and managed to get pretty good sleep - the other advantage being I couldn't hear myself snoring!   But anyway, I wouldn't change it for the world.  The place is fab - if you don't want to experience the atmosphere stay home and watch the coverage on the telly!  
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 10:59:55 am »

As I said in another thread I know some guys who are real petrol heads and really just go to Le Mans for the Race so they go to a normal Campsite in the area and drive in each day.  They don't like or do the partying thing.  

If you party then it's no good expecting eveyones party to stop when your ready for bed.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 11:20:24 am »

Did anyone hear anything about the village being redeveloped for next year?  Seems they're going to bulldoze the place, probably for corporate hospitality amenities and retail opportunities.  I think the place has gone downhill over the last few years.  All the traders have been moved on, the oompah bar etc has gone

As for the noise, we had fireworks every night at MB (a lst), but this and drum and bass at 5 am is a bit much.  However, it does scare away the Caravan Club outing, but encourages the yobs.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 11:31:00 am »

Where are the posts from women complaining about noise? Unless I am mistaken about some of the nickname identities its only been blokes talking about generator noise, or maybe I am not looking at the right posts!!!  Tongue

Unless of course you mean "women" as in "a bunch of old women"....

Fran
(not a stupid woman or complaining about noise, tho i dont think i got my fair quota of naked arses this year, bring back the see thru shower cubicle for 2006 please)
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 11:34:11 am »

Well it could be my fault, as I referred to a woman wednesdaynight complaining about the Italian Job being to loud.... Must say that 20 minutes later also a bloke showed up shouting he was trying to sleep. Wink

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 11:37:33 am »

Ah ha!!! I should have known that DfH would be involved in the trouble somewhere LT!!!   Wink

F
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 11:39:42 am »

I find that once the lager-o-meter reaches full you can sleep through pretty much anything. At 4am the beautiful sound of the cars actually rocks you to sleep, never needed ear plugs yet and never will.

As for women, you are entering a male dominated domain at Le Mans. If you are in touch with your masculine side then you'll have no problems, otherwise, as RS2 babe says, stay at home. The same goes for blokes who aren't in touch with their masculine side.

Perhaps they should setup a site with free hot cocoa and marshmellows for those who can't cope with the main event. Somewhere near Paris would be ideal.

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 11:42:59 am »

Or better still, go and stay in a hotel so there's more room for JPC's mega village  Wink

Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2005, 12:08:52 pm »

The vast majority of people with whom we come in contact at Le Mans are there to have a good time and are as considerate as you can expect -- the real answer is to do your homework and pick a campsite that matches your wishes for the racing.  If you are not into partying, MB is not where you ought to be.  However, the modern human appears to be interested only in stopping other people from doing anything they personally dislike (e.g. smoking), and will go to court if necessary to get their way.  So perhaps a group of kicking and screaming people ought to be expected too.  Besides, the median age at Le Mans appears to be rising rapidly, and that will also change the way it's perceived.

There were people at KN where we camped who apparently were there only to blast technopop for the entire 24 hours -- the type I call Smirking Bastards -- and that kind of person is not there so much to have a good time as to prevent other people from having one -- or to prove that HE can do anything HE wants and YOU can't stop him.  The charitable will put him down as a person who lives in Mummy's basement and can't call his Butt his own for the rest of the year, and pity him.  But at 4:00 a.m. when you are hearing the same piece of terrible music for the 35th time in a row, it's tempting to wonder if anyone has an RPG they can spare.

I agree that Le Mans is no place for people who get headaches.  But I think it's unfair to suggest that anyone who has any comments about the behaviour of others is a girly man.  The day will come when someone will die over some of this, and all of you will be saying "We never expected that!"  But in truth, you know that you did expect it and in fact all you did to prevent it was pray that it would never happen.  Don't stop having fun, but do think now and then about the fact that there are 284,000 other people besides you in the world of Le Mans.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2005, 01:00:56 pm »

Yes there did seem to be far more women there this year - strange.  LM must be appealing to more than just motor racing fans, though F1 is popular with the girls.

I'm not sure its got much worse, just bigger and longer.  Many years ago one group from Cheshire thanked us for not complaining, as they'd been told off so often,

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005, 02:43:49 pm »

But I think it's unfair to suggest that anyone who has any comments about the behaviour of others is a girly man.

I wasn't suggesting that anyone is a girly man. In the way that there are complaining women who go along with their motorsport mad husbands, there will also be motorsport mad women who drag their unwilling husbands along. I was making a vague point that there are plenty of women who go, knowing exactly what to expect, and that there are probably men who, shock horror, wouldn't enjoy being there.

I do agree that there are more and more people who's attitude is I'm going to do exactly what I want and f**k everyong else but everyone I met on MB managed to enjoy themselves whilst still being respectful. I've never been asked to turn my music down because I never play it at inappropriate volumes. That will change of course when I take my new 500W JBL speakers next time  Wink

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2005, 04:40:16 pm »

Complaints?! You wouldn't believe it, but there were some b*stards next to us eating! You could see it all over their chops, dribbling down, and all crumbly. If you listened closely, it made a sound. Sometimes you could see their eyes roll back in their little petrol heads. Never mind spoiling my week, it's pretty well destroyed my whole life. The kids are cut up and in wheely bins in the cellar now, and as soon as the missus comes in, the job'll be done.
I saw them, all those filthy girly men, men-women, lady-boys and Women with Rattling Chests. Jesus H 60-a-day Christ, they were all there.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2005, 04:50:04 pm »

I've never been asked to turn my music down because I never play it at inappropriate volumes. That will change of course when I take my new 500W JBL speakers next time  Wink
Do I hear some envy in these sentences? Grin

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: