Club Arnage
May 01, 2024, 02:42:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I feel as if i am back at LM  (Read 6782 times)
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2005, 12:46:24 pm »

Today I have the LM feeling of jet lagged exhaustion due to 4 month old Amelie (vqdave jr) spending the entire night making noise and not sleeping. The only difference is I am not pissed, sunburnt and enjoying a grand marnier crepe to get over the fatigue.

I am looking at this new baby lark as endurance training for LM 2006  Cool. Or maybe this is like being in the french foriegn legion, did anyone else see that last night? Why on earth would you do that to yourself? Huh  Huh

Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 01:13:13 pm »

Yes, I saw that programme.
A mate of mine joined many years ago. he couldn't get into the Marines due to a criminal record and ran away to the legion.
He spent a total of 12 years in and said once through the initial induction, it was a fantastic life.
You are well paid, have to pay for absolutely nothing whilst you're in and have virtual celebrity status in France.
Public transport carries a 75% discount for all legionaires whilst in service and health care is provided, courtesy of the legion for the rest of your life.
The attraction for many is that tha legion will change your identity for you upon induction and provide you with paperwork to support your new identity when you leave.
This coupled with the fact that they will take individuals with criminal records, obviously has some appeal to those who have a past to hide.
My mate was trying to get his Para wings whilst in, but broke a leg on an exercise. To achieve his wings, he had to make his final jump; a night time jump, into water.
By definition, foreigners in a French army, they are mercenaries. This is overlooked by the French government.
A special breed.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 01:23:47 pm »

Sorry, I don't care how good the perks are, it's not the life for me. A big respect to those that can hack it though. Cool

BBC ran a fly on the wall documentary a few years ago about recriuts joining the FFL. Part of the jungle survival training in French Guyana was to wrestle a 16 foot anaconda. No kin way, never in a million years.

Just a thought Undecided do they get a discount on LM tickets Grin
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 01:34:35 pm by BOB U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 01:49:04 pm »

Today I have the LM feeling of jet lagged exhaustion due to 4 month old Amelie (vqdave jr) spending the entire night making noise and not sleeping. The only difference is I am not pissed, sunburnt and enjoying a grand marnier crepe to get over the fatigue.

I am looking at this new baby lark as endurance training for LM 2006  Cool.

Bad luck mate... been through that, it does not get any easer, but they do fall asleep for a little longer as they get older, one of mine is heading into the early teen years she will be after boys, and I wont be able to sleep, again.  Undecided But it is good traing for endurance racing

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 02:02:22 pm »

It doesn't end there either...

My youngest is just about to take (and hopefully pass) her driving test.

More sleepless nights waiting for the sound of the car pulling up on the drive in the wee small hours. Well, Mrs S will be sleepless anyway Smiley

There must come a point at some time when there's nothing to worry about? Does there?
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 02:06:09 pm »

There must come a point at some time when there's nothing to worry about? Does there?

Yes, but unfortunatly they are putting you in a box at the time Wink
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 02:08:53 pm »

Oh thanks Smokie...............I guess the is no point were we stop worrinig is when they close the lid

Oh B**ger Barry beat to that one!!!!!

DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 02:15:03 pm »

I think that time is when you are put into your box, Smokie.

My youngest is 28, and although all three of them are settled, I still have worrying thoughts.

Mrs Delboy (No. 2) - her daughter has a 3 month old daughter herself, which causes Mrs D2 a lot of sleepless nights, hours on the phone and a visit every other day.  Still - as time doesn't matter much to us (being in receipt of heating allowance and free bus pass), it does not cause us too much grief.

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 02:23:29 pm »

A case of Kanterbrau usually stops me worrying.

However, firstborn, now 22, shows no interest in LM.  Is there a known cure?

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 02:33:02 pm »

Today I have the LM feeling of jet lagged exhaustion due to 4 month old Amelie (vqdave jr) spending the entire night making noise and not sleeping.

it does not get any easer, but they do fall asleep for a little longer as they get older, one of mine is heading into the early teen years she will be after boys, and I wont be able to sleep, again.  Undecided

More sleepless nights waiting for the sound of the car pulling up on the drive in the wee small hours. Well, Mrs S will be sleepless anyway Smiley

Ahh thanks all, you've really cheered me up, I wasn't enjoying today, I am now!! What with being young free & single I get to do what I want, when I want & I also get a nice lie in every day!! Grin <ducks for cover>

Just as long as the CSA never catch up with me... Wink
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2005, 02:35:42 pm »

Not surprised yer mum still worries about you Fran...and she probably doesn't know the half of it...  Wink
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2005, 02:41:36 pm »

grrrr, "waves fist" Chris just you wait young man just you wait. You smug single person you grrr grrr  Wink Wink Oh to sleep to sleep  

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2005, 03:07:17 pm »

My five-year old makes me worry, but when I think of the things I did as a child...  Undecided
I think he is actually very well behaved compared to me Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2005, 04:07:55 pm »

It doesn't end there either...

My youngest is just about to take (and hopefully pass) her driving test.

Good luck to your daughter, hopefully she will pass and Dad's taxi service can stop which means you can then come for more beers with us Wink

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2005, 05:01:09 pm »

Ta Abs Smiley

I think he is actually very well behaved compared to me Grin

So is most of the population of Holland... Smiley
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print