Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 03:49:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 - Donington - may not be  (Read 10621 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2009, 12:15:18 pm »

Donington operator enters administration

Donington Ventures Leisure Limited (DVLL), the operator and leaseholder of Donington Park motor racing venue near Kegworth, Leicestershire, has gone into administration.

The circuit was recently stripped of the right to stage the British Formula One Grand Prix in 2010 after the company failed in a bid to raise £135m to fund a major revamp in preparation for the event.

Construction work has already started on the scheme, which is set to include rebuilding the paddock and pit complex to allow for a three-mile extension of the race track, designed by Formula One circuit architect, Hermann Tilke

Nigel Price, John Kelly and James Martin - partners at the Birmingham office of Begbies Traynor - have now been appointed to oversee the DVLL's affairs, and are confident that Formula One could still be staged at Donington Park.

Price said: "This need not be the end of Formula One racing at Donington. We are certainly hopeful that a 2011 Grand Prix could take place at the site.

"We are looking for a purchaser for the business and the potential opportunity to bring Formula One to this part of the Midlands by funding the work that needs to be carried out to the circuit."

Price added that Begbies Traynor were still examining how much is owed to DVLL's creditors.

Price said: "This need not be the end of Formula One racing at Donington. We are certainly hopeful that a 2011 Grand Prix could take place at the site.

I think he find it does!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 12:46:46 pm »

Silverstone officials will hold a news conference on Monday amid reports a deal has been struck for the venue to host next year's British Grand Prix.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8397777.stm

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 06:06:23 pm »

...and in the mean time one of the best, historical raceing circuits has been demolished. Just one more reason to dislike mr Ecklestone.
My best memory is LMS 2006, awesome year!!

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 09:13:37 pm »

...and in the mean time one of the best, historical raceing circuits has been demolished. Just one more reason to dislike mr Ecklestone.

It certainly was!!

Great circuit, great fun with friends (despite crap weather), Draught Beer/Cooler/Generator trackside!  Smiley

Dark Warrior has particularly good memories of it!!  Grin
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 10:33:17 pm »

Hmmmm.. wasnt that the time when I got to Donny and realised I had left everything I needed (wallet included) at home and had to drive back to Manchester? 

Roll Eyes
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 11:08:14 pm »

I don't remember you, but I can't remember much anyway.  If I'd have known I'd have popped by, as my lot didn't turn up

It was amazing being allowed to drive around the place and view from so many vantage points

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 01:33:36 pm »

Hmmmm.. wasnt that the time when I got to Donny and realised I had left everything I needed (wallet included) at home and had to drive back to Manchester? 

Roll Eyes

I wasn't going to mention it!!!  Roll Eyes
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 02:02:50 pm »

I wasn't going to mention it!!!  Roll Eyes

I can't quite recall the occasion, but I believe that I had quite a severe hangover that day which might have had something to do with the whole sorry situation!

F
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 10:43:40 am »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/f1news/6758752/British-Grand-Prix-could-have-moved-to-Europe-says-F1-chief-Bernie-Ecclestone.html

good read, sick bags ready at the end of the article.  Lips Sealed

and if you read the BBC report, poor old Berni, has only got £12m per race and only an increase of 5% instead of the normal 7% per year.

sh*t - wish I had a business that gave me £12 million p.a and an agreed 5% increase each year for the next 17 years!!!!! (and thats just one circuit!!!!!!  Shocked )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8397777.stm
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:53:01 am by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 11:27:28 am »

If it's any consolation, I'd wager he won't be the one collecting for the whole length of the contract.  angel

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 01:10:57 pm »

And as a sad footnote to the whole sorry saga, it looks like the end of racing at Donny. No more top level curcuit for the clubman, nice as Cadwell and Snetterton etc are, they don't have the "big track" feel of Donington. Still, as long as you all "make a fortune" Bernie, that's all that matters isn't it?   Sad

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/6751401/Donington-Parks-motor-racing-future-in-doubt-as-Silverstone-saves-British-Grand-Prix.html

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 01:48:30 pm »

property-developing backer Paul White

It will all be houses by the end of the next decade!

Maybe, Palmer or the BRDC will step in and pick it up and save it, but it would be hard for anyone else to take it on as the circuit needs millions spending on it to put it right now.

A sad footnote is that the meusum has been shut, the collection belongs to the Wheatcroft family, but the lease included the buildings its housed in.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 04:05:14 pm »

Not all gloom for Donnington
http://www.totalf1.com/full_story/view/326808/Donington_hoping_to_sell_circuit_lease/

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: