Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 02:07:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Showers  (Read 15101 times)
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2010, 09:54:04 pm »

Although the showers at Le Mans are ok; i am looking for design ideas for this year. I have tried all sorts of designs from cold water storage tank on top of a van (That was dam cold) to solar showers on a high extended rig from the top of a jeep (3.5 meters high, rig not jeep). Last years was the best yet; with a industrial air con evaporater  pump, but we had trouble getting enough warm water feed to it. So i am looking for something that can hold 50 to 60 liters of water and either have a heating device in it, or warm the water. I have thought about a thermostatic tea urn handy for lots of morning cuppas and turn it down ideal for showers in the evening, got to be under 2.5Kw. So any ideas would be welcome. 

The only way is Sideways
Brian

Ok where are the Pikie's

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:26:41 pm »

A black plastic cold water tank will transfer heat from the sun and you could fit an electric kettle element to take the chill off if needed run from a genny.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 01:07:38 pm »

How about using an old central heating boiler heat the heat exchanger using a small fire or even gas.  Might not be a good idea to use this whilst drunk!
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 06:45:00 pm »

We have use an old inflatable mattress in the past - if you got one that is punctured (and hasn't alread been burnt!)

Find the puncture. Turn the matress over so the puncture is on top.
Oh yeah - you need a big van with a flat roof - or a good roof rack.

Lay the mattress out on top of the car and fill.

Needs the sun to heat unfortunately, can't think of a way to heat that one!

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 09:49:07 pm »

we use an electic kettle to top our shower up with hot water.dosnt take too many fills.keeping a lid on to stop heat loss makes huge difference.or wear a wet suit to keep warm.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 10:30:52 pm »

Now the central heating boiler heat exchanger sounds like a plan, compact and sturdy but 18 blokes drunk in charge of a gas fire/heater could be trouble the nearest A and E ?. The air mattress would be ok but no van this year i like it though.

The only way is Sideways
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 08:33:58 pm »

Now the central heating boiler heat exchanger sounds like a plan, compact and sturdy but 18 blokes drunk in charge of a gas fire/heater could be trouble the nearest A and E ?. The air mattress would be ok but no van this year i like it though.
A couple of years ago I rigged up a shower using a couple of lorry inner tubes and an eletric drill with a pump on it, then had a extending water basket hose attachment as the shower head. It worked well, but even putting the tubes on top of the box trailer needed the pump to give enough head pressure (due to the xpansion of the tubes). All went well untill the drill running the pump caught fire.......

In 2006 or 2007 we found that if you left enough (about 100feet or 2 packs, thin section, dark green hose) hose coiled on the top of the trailer and exposed to sun it was plenty warm enough straight from the tap...you do need plenty of sun though (about 43c on the sunday if i recall).
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:14:07 pm »

Simple yet effective, i like, it i like it alot.

The only way is Sideways
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 09:55:24 pm »

The guys next to Jules on MB last year brought their own wet room with them in an old caravan...wicked!!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 10:32:26 pm »

Showers... I heard there were some near us last year on BN. Being Frog Marchged to them on Friday is a distant memeory! Grin
The Black bag solar ones are good if its hot as Lady PP proved on her first visit at the side of the road on MB in her Bikini. Say no more!

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 12:08:58 am »

We take a camping shower that I bought somewhere, fill it either from a kettle or using water from one of those solar showers.  Its effectively one of those weedkiller sprayer things but with a shower head on it.  You pressurise it by pumping a handle up and down and then a nice shower ensues!
csitops
CA Veteran

Le Mans - A French Gift

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 02:34:25 pm »

All we did, was to purchase one of those Whale submersible pumps from the local camping/caravaning shop and put it down the neck of a black water container. Connect to your car battery via crocodile clips and with the aid of a length of hosepipe and watering can hose, you have a great shower. It throws the water out at 11 litres per minute. We now attach it to an old collapsible stand and hey-presto. 

"No human being can do miracles, you know, but Gilles made you wonder,"
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 02:40:53 pm »

We take a camping shower that I bought somewhere, fill it either from a kettle or using water from one of those solar showers.  Its effectively one of those weedkiller sprayer things but with a shower head on it.  You pressurise it by pumping a handle up and down and then a nice shower ensues!

yep that works a treat, normally cover sprayer in black duck tape, and it heats up over the day when at the track. Ahh nice and hot shower.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 10:48:21 am »

yep that works a treat, normally cover sprayer in black duck tape, and it heats up over the day when at the track. Ahh nice and hot shower.

Ahhh now theres a good idea, hadn't thought of that!
Jack the Hat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 11:07:38 am »

Maybe i am getting to complex with the tea urn. Need to keep it simple yet effective.

The only way is Sideways
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: