Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 10:17:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rondeau Anniversary - Translation needed  (Read 2568 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: May 20, 2010, 12:44:09 pm »

Hi there,

I have a request: could someone who speaks frog translate this: http://www.endurance-info.com/version2/actualite-endurance-4425.html

I understand a little and it looks to me that this info should be in the CA Guide

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 12:58:02 pm »

Rough translation..

We had already evoked the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the victory of Jean Rondeau and Jean-Pierre Jaussaud in the 24 Hours of Mans 1980, on board the M382 Rondo with the colors of the Point. It was the very first victory in Mans for a pilot-cosntructeur (and only still to date) and, who more is, this manufacturer was Sarthe-native. Thierry Rondel, the heart of the project, had evoked an insane bet, that to gather the 17 still existing Rondeau Chassis. This bet will not be far to be held, since Thierry specified us that these will be 13 cars which will be present next June, including 9 working cars.

To mark this birthday, l' L' association; Epopee Inaltéra-Rondo, in collaboration with l' ACO, have arranged a pretty program of which here content:

Friday June 11 morning: exposure of two Inaltéra and a Rondo at the Town hall at Mulsanne. Michel Bonté will dedicate his work " Jean Rondo, a history d' hommes". Friday June 11 afternoon: regrouping of the 13 Rondo on the starting grid 24 Hours of Mans, with the presence of many pilots having controlled the cars.

Saturday June 12 at 12:30:  nine Rondo which will carry out a lap of the circuit behind Safety-Because. Thus, all the spectators will be able to greet this great adventure. We present some photographs of these cars to you which form part for the majority of the legend of Mans. One you can see has Thierry Rondel, which we thank for the infos, at the wheel d' Inaltéra on the way of the stands in Le Mans
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 01:48:56 pm by Dr Sconefinger..LB » Logged

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Bas
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 01:43:28 pm »

Werner maybe ask Kpy, he's good and quick with those translations.
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 02:28:33 pm »

Here we go:

We’ve already mentioned the 30th anniversary of Jean Rondeau and Jean-Pierre Jaussaud’s victory in the 1980 Le Mans 24 Hours, driving a Rondeau M382 in Le Point livery. It was the very first, and remains the only, victory at Le Mans for a driver/constructor and, as a bonus the constructor was a native of the Sarthe region. Thierry Rondel, the driving force of this project, had the unlikely dream of getting all 17 of the still-existing Rondeaus together. Thierry’s dream has almost come true, as he tells us that 13 cars will be at Le Mans in June, nine of which will be under their own steam.

To commemorate this anniversary, The L'Epopée Inaltéra-Rondeau Association, and the ACO, have arranged the following programme:

Friday morning 11 June: exhibition of two Inalteras and a Rondeau in the Place de la Mairie in Mulsanne. Michel Bonté will be signing copies of his book "Jean Rondeau, une histoire d'hommes".

Friday afternoon 11 June : 13 Rondeaus will line up on the Le Mans 24 hours grid, with many of the drivers who drove these cars together with former team members.

Saturday 12 June 12.30pm: parade of the 9 running Rondeaus, which will complete a lap of the circuit behind the Safety-Car, so that all spectators can applaud this wonderful project.

Here are some photos of the cars, most of which raced at Le Mans. One of them features Thierry Rondel, to whom many thanks for the information, at the wheel of an Inaltera in the pit lane at Le Mans.

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 03:20:29 pm »

Thanks Sconefinger and Kpy, excellent!

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: