Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 07:27:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last minute drop outs  (Read 14969 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2010, 01:25:57 pm »

Here we bloody go again. Ten minutes ago I got a phone call to say that 3 guys who were supposed to be coming down on Thursday have dropped out. The excuse is "The weather is going to be bad". f**king poofs. Given that one of these would be on his 12th consecutive and all of them were there in 2001 when we got pissed on all weekend, I think it's a poor show. I have known these guys for a lot of years so didn't even think of asking for a deposit  This has now left me seriously out of pocket as I have spent a lot on food and stuff. After this weekend Pantyspider Tours will be defunct, no more, deceased like the Norwegian Blue. It' me me me from now on. F**k the lot of them.
 Next year I will buy 1 ticket for me, turn up with food and beer and spend the week with friends that I can trust, AKA, you lot..

Lot's of curry going spare on Saturday night.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 01:27:50 pm by Bob U » Logged

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 01:33:22 pm »

Same as , Booked Eurostar this year to accommodate someone who always seems to have a drama, only for a phone call last night to ask if i can change the date of departure.
Eurostar s computer said "NO" so it looks like i will be travelling down on me todd and out of pocket.
Not a happy bunny. Never again.....

Team J.E.D.I
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 01:33:48 pm »

If I could spare the funds Id be on my way to join you Bob  Grin

Poor show from your "mates" though  Angry

They have lumps of what round the back???
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 01:47:00 pm »

Grrr.  Just the thought of t*ssers like that makes me angry.  Happily the last time this happened to me I sold my spare ticket to a certain Brian from Scouseland and the rest is history as thus I met you lot.  But I still swore never to do this again, Bob, you are right.  Leave them to stew and come and have a great weekend with us.  See you soon. Smiley

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 01:53:00 pm »

Deb, I am still eternally grateful  Wink

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 01:58:20 pm »

Bob,

Come and join us for some dinner one night - I've cooked a mahoosive Chilli, that we'll never eat in the quantities that I've made....we'll take care of that night, you bring curry for another..... gives you a bit of variety over 5 nights of curry (the obvious comment here is just too obvious for Fat Zarse, so I think I'll refrain!).

The best thing about Club Arnage, is possibly the fact that you don't actually need your "mates" with you - in this group, you have all the friends you need right here.

By the way - I have bought you a set of wax earplugs.  Trust me - I lived at home for 25 years, you're going to need them - there's a reason that his sign in is "Snoring Rhino".....

Tongue

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 03:17:22 pm »

Here we bloody go again. Ten minutes ago I got a phone call to say that 3 guys who were supposed to be coming down on Thursday have dropped out. The excuse is "The weather is going to be bad". f**king poofs. Given that one of these would be on his 12th consecutive and all of them were there in 2001 when we got pissed on all weekend, I think it's a poor show. I have known these guys for a lot of years so didn't even think of asking for a deposit  This has now left me seriously out of pocket as I have spent a lot on food and stuff. After this weekend Pantyspider Tours will be defunct, no more, deceased like the Norwegian Blue. It' me me me from now on. F**k the lot of them.
 Next year I will buy 1 ticket for me, turn up with food and beer and spend the week with friends that I can trust, AKA, you lot..

Hi Bob,

I know similar situations from the past - but among my mates there was never a discussion about costs which had already occured. If someone had "booked" the tour and dropped out the last minute, it was unwritten understanding that he had to pay his share for everything which had already been spend, food, drinks, share of campsite fees, entry tickets and so on.

One Advice: make a list of all costs which you already had and charge your mates - there should be understanding for this - everything else would be not fair!

Cheers - see you soon

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 03:40:44 pm »

I concur with Werner - Afterall - the ferry company aren't going to give you a discount, the campsite isn't any cheaper, so they'll have to pay that regardless - You might do a deal with them to try and sell their entry tickets to other people, but make sure you let them know that if you can't/can't be arsed, they will have to stump up.  As for food, there's a big difference between 4 people, and 1 person.

I would understand if there was a huge reason (we had a family member pass away when we were en-route one year (he was back at home obv) - we had to cancel at the last second) - but the fact that the weather "might" be rainy - that's just taking the p155.....

You organise this trip out of love for the experience - you don't do it for financial gain, but you also don't do it for financial loss.  I say make the f***ers pay up, and then come and join your proper friends.... Smiley

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 03:44:52 pm »

Bob - know what u mean, was asked a few years back to do the same, people dropped out, wanted to changed dates for travel. AHHHHHH

In the end took a hit on cost, put it down to experiance. Thats why I like I like planning for 1!.

Mind you this year, sorted out tickets for some people who I first went with, but they offer to pay the amount straight away.

All I do this year is meet them on site.

Mind you, they are off on Sunday am (10ish  Roll Eyes ) so may be over on Sunday night for any curry left.  Grin

See u all down there on Thurs.

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 03:45:09 pm »

Small consolation mate, but I will be there to help you eat the food and drink the drink the drink. Surely these guys will be coughing up some of your costs??
I have your GE arranged, will give you a call when I get out side the gates of BN.
Cheers
Ian
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 03:56:31 pm »

There are still 3 that havn't dropped out so it's not as bad as it may sound. More beer for me anyhow.

Neil, come and join us on Saturday night you are more than welcome. Randy is coming over.

Thanks for sorting the GA's Ian.

Van collected lunch time and I'm off home now to load it.

See you Frogside tomorrow.

Anyone in Camp Arnage want an early morning call?

Safe journey everyone.

This is Bob U signing off Grin Grin Grin Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 04:09:59 pm »

Bob

I'll take one GA off your hands if you need to get rid

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 04:30:58 pm »

Bob

same with me - if you're stuck with GA tickets, approach me tomorrow morning. We'll arrive around 7 - 8 am and will need at least half a dozen GA

Cheers

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 04:39:06 pm »

If I could spare the funds Id be on my way to join you Bob  Grin

Poor show from your "mates" though  Angry
+1 thats piss poor performance from friends there  Angry

TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 04:49:46 pm »

Bob - Might take you up on the curry option Grin