Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 01:44:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great South Run 24th October 2010  (Read 8347 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:29:32 pm »

Red and White Appeal.

I have enlisted to run the great south run with my brother and sister in October 2010. 14 years ago ( when i was a much younger lad ) i lost my mother to cancer, and only yesterday a close friend lost his father to the disease.

We all know the true sucess of Mr Ferrari Spider, we are running for the charity that helped him along.

I am asking for donations, but was looking for just £1 from anyone and hopefully everyone i have met, spoken to and enjoyed a beer with at Le Mans over the past 10 years.

I am looking at a time of 90 mins for the 10 miles, but may need to lose some weight to go quicker. Anyone who wants to supply a bet type of donation, i could be open to suggestions.

The link is

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/robertsons

Please could  this be stickied to the top of the charts for the next 78 days.(until 25th Otober.)

Many thanks for your time

Robbo
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 03:51:35 pm by Robbo SPS » Logged

Take life by the horns and live it.
Ferrari Spider

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 02:30:18 pm »

a good friend of mine Phil Robertson plus en familie are taking part in a charity run to raise money for the new phase of development at Southampton Hospital. Have a look at this video it will give a glimpse of the marvellous work that they do, without it you'd be without me. Yes, I also feature towards the end of the video...

http://www.suht.nhs.uk/Charity/TheRedandWhiteAppeal/WatchavideoaboutTheRedandWhiteAppeal.aspx

The Robertson's fund raising page is here, they are asking for a single £ from each of you, it will make a massive difference...

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=robertsons&isTeam=true

May I also ask you to pass onto your friends. Many thanks, Peter
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 03:16:40 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 04:04:39 pm »

Done, good luck Phil and Sis.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:12:08 pm »

Thanks to those who've helped. We have passed our origional idea of money, and kates doing the great north run on the weekend as a warm up.

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 08:31:44 pm »

The Hordle Hench Man has been straining at the leash abit, keep the donations coming and we can keep him in his kennel!
Remember this is not just Robbo and Steve running, its also Kate as well, some may remember her for uncurling herself most elegantly from the Green Chimera 500 after a good blast. A great memory is  the SPS trip down to LM in 2007, we were on the N138, Kate in the TVR, Robbo driving the Mini Bus 14 up with trailer, a VW Camper, a Motorhome, a TR4 and us in the Passat. It was P**sing down and we got stuck behind an HGV doing about 45, Kate said on the radio, Ok if I get passed the truck and we get to a straight bit, I will slow him down and you guys can get past. Well she did get past, and by the time she had made the truck driver slow down 4 times to let us through, he was nearing a nervous breakdown and a might angry judging by the flashing lights and blaring horn. Top Girl.
So come on, anybody who has been meaning to log on and given them a few quid, time is getting on and its time to get it done, in return Catchpole and I are hoping to get over to Southsea on the 24th and may just be able to sneak a shots of the lovely Kate to report back with.
Robbo did invite me to join them, but unfortunatly I seem to have mislaid my Doner Card and it would be ashame to waste a few servicable bits when I keelover half way to the start....
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 07:21:45 pm »

I was intending on running myself, but the idea came to me too late & I'm not ready for 10 miles for fear of buggering my Achilles' tendon again.

Once in a year is one thing [during the Sport Relief 6 mile run in Southampton] but twice is just stupid.

So I'm chucking a load of cash at Robbo and happy to add a bit more if he can beat his target time of 90 mins.

Just for the record my 5 mile times this week are either side of 42 mins, so if i could manage the full 10 miles I'd be aiming at 84 mins  Wink

Landman / Paul

Crouch..........bind..........set
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 10:53:49 pm »

Training has improved this week, 4.5 miles in 32 mins . . . I also learnt that  great training technique is going backwards ( seriously ) but thats
1. hard
2.you look stupid
3. you fall over

Seriously. A massive thanks to those whove been very generous in supporting Petes charity.

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 02:25:44 pm »

Did a trial run today, which was slowed by crossing roads and poop scooping for the dog !

http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/52024760

is the link if you get bored.

90:16 for 10 miles. you may also notice i ran a bit further, but forgot to start the machine !!

landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 09:51:57 pm »

Good to see that your GPS is every bit as useless as mine - looks like you ran through a load of gardens  Wink

Paul

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 08:56:46 pm »

yeah. user error i'm affraid. i forgot to re-start after dog pooh number 1!!, hence the very straight line . .

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 11:01:46 pm »

I want to know why he ran over the top /across the Motorway twice when the was a perfectly good road with a tunnel underneath him?
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 10:38:30 am »

I want to know why he ran over the top /across the Motorway twice when the was a perfectly good road with a tunnel underneath him?

It's all part of the training.

You run faster when there's a 44 tonne Polish juggernaut at your heels.

Ferrari Spider

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 11:43:18 am »

bringing this back on line.

here is one of my fellow patients, I've met Ben and mum through the treatment and in the check up clinics.

£10,000 raised, not bad...

http://www.thisishampshire.net/news/8440014.Fall_guys_raise___10K_for_Red___White_Appeal/?ref=rss
Ferrari Spider

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 06:18:30 pm »

bump de da bump.

only a few days to go before the Roberstons do the run and still time to donate a bit to the cause, particularly those that have enjoyed our hospitality at racing events and rides out in the Ferrari over the years, you know who you are. Wink

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 11:38:14 pm »

Well, we are just £20 away from our second target of £500. The first of £300 was demolished my the first few very generous donations.

A massive thanks to you for sending in your money and i'll add a couple of pics on here once were done.

I'll post up the race number if anyone wants to check up on me . . .

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: