Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 10:06:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which year?  (Read 12564 times)
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2003, 11:31:02 pm »

Yes 1990. But how did you know? Certainly, I think it was the last year before they replaced the old pits.

1990 was the first, last and only time I took 'er indoors and (what was I thinking) my 9 year old daughter. I sneaked Le Mans into the middle of a family holiday in France. It was an unmitigated disaster for obvious reasons. Sadly the presence of my loved ones did little to tone down my enthusiasm to visit planet Pissedasafart, and the consequences were far reaching. Oh dear, it's all very upsetting to recall it. Let's move on to another topic.  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Mr. Rick
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2003, 11:39:48 pm »

You could be right about the Renault 21 Matt, must dig out the photos from that year! Was going on memory and I was well and truly on the "beer" side of the fence that year, and was probably already semi-comatose by then - the whole of 1990 is a blur and all the photos generally related to drinking exploits in those days and various things going up my nose, but definitely remember one of a severely damaged car (but not burnt out) in the paddock somewhere between MB campsite and the startline terracing.

Just checked out my Autospurt from that year and you are right!! It was a Renault 21 and the driver was Wolfgang Schutz and all the comic says is that he "was removed and taken to hospital, and, although he suffered no external injuries, was still unconscious on Monday".

Maybe it was some kind of saloon race as I'm faily sure the wreck I saw was a 309 - but then again .............
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2003, 09:50:42 am »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Mr. Rick
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2003, 10:25:43 am »

AH! That's the bugger!

The one I saw later on in the support paddock was the one being lifted by the crane! Will find the photie at some point this weekend. It's in the archive boxes in the garage and the garage is this weekend's "honey-do" promise.

Looks like the old memory banks are fading and playing tricks on me. Mind you, given the mess of the wreck we saw, that could have excused me!! If I got something wrong about the main event, then I would be worried!!  Wink
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2003, 10:58:48 am »

The casualty was in the t-boned car. If I remember rightly, he didn't leave us without a struggle, it wasn't until October-ish that I read that he'd finally given up the ghost, I don't think the poor lad regained conciousness.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2003, 09:49:08 pm »

It was an unmitigated disaster for obvious reasons. Sadly the presence of my loved ones did little to tone down my enthusiasm to visit planet Pissedasafart, and the consequences were far reaching.

Yes.  I apppear to remember this being the year you pulled the now famous; "I've lost my keys (and mind), myself and family are locked-out of the car (having not yet pitched tents etc.) and we're now stranded in a field of madness in the middle of French countryside, and I'm too bolloxed to give a flying f**k.  Give me another 33 dumpy!"

Lesson:  Never arrive a day after everyone else (in the evening to boot) and try to "catch-up" on everyone elses' blood alcohol levels.

I think the Diablo year (and smash-fest) was 91 wasn't it?
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2003, 12:13:44 am »

And wasn't Oscar Lararri driving in the car that crashed in to him.
He was also the main driver for the Brun Porche that blew up with 10 minutes left (to cheers from us Jag supporters) But had knackered his ribs so it was touch and go whether or not he drove.
Or have i just had too much of my homebrew?

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: