Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 10:58:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans Classic 2012  (Read 12610 times)
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 11:43:27 pm »

Just put it in the diary.
Should be at least 5 and maybe 7 cars in the group, MB here we come Grin

Did I just say that out loud?
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 01:52:18 am »

I'm giving some consideration to doing both the Le Mans Classic and the Reims Revival for 2012, seeing as I'm immensely fond of the historic side of motor racing. I've worked out that going all the way to Reims and back, even from a Dartmoor village, would cost me not much more than going to the Goodwood event that often held on the same weekend of the year.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 05:03:02 pm »

Fantastic.  Grin The friday will be my 40th birthday. Can't think of a better way to spend a landmark like that than with my buddies at Arnage corner with Leffe et Frites, whilst that Matra screams past. Mint!

Looks like i have a new Alfa to build up in time too. Missed the old one too much. This one is going to be even better Cool

I hate people that lie about their age, then again forty - I can wait :-)
Can't wait for you to point out which car the Matra is... but, BIG BUT, I am planning a cruise with the missus, on a ship, as it is our 50th ( Grin Shocked laugh) so need to make sure it is not in July but that is the month of the wife's birthday!!! The 12th.

Oh jeez, I had better start manipulating.

>Martini...LB

Charming. Not only is my 40th, but it will be our 5th anniversary. You have hurt my feelings now. Cry

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 06:49:31 pm »

Fantastic.  Grin The friday will be my 40th birthday. Can't think of a better way to spend a landmark like that than with my buddies at Arnage corner with Leffe et Frites, whilst that Matra screams past. Mint!

Looks like i have a new Alfa to build up in time too. Missed the old one too much. This one is going to be even better Cool

Can't wait for you to point out which car the Matra is... but, BIG BUT, I am planning a cruise with the missus, on a ship, as it is our 50th ( Grin Shocked laugh) so need to make sure it is not in July but that is the month of the wife's birthday!!! The 12th.

>Martini...LB

Charming. Not only is my 40th, but it will be our 5th anniversary. You have hurt my feelings now. Cry

Big man hug when I see you next, and a little back rub, and I am sure Fran will relieve you from the washing up for a while...

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 07:00:07 pm »

Hopefully Jo and I will see you all on MB, depends on how the little darlings at the ACO decide to sell the tickets.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 07:32:57 pm »

Or we could all go to Spa in May this year.  Classics with Group Cs to boot!  How's about the Matra Mazda going around there, eh?

Then on to the 'Ring and back to LM. Grin
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:35:13 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 07:37:26 pm »

Ther's never any problem with tickets for the Classic. ACO VIP Passion members get free paddock tickets (otherwise 30€) and half price grandstand tickets (valid all stands IIRC).

Here's last year's brochure:

* LM Classic 2010.pdf (640.47 KB - downloaded 167 times.)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 07:46:35 pm »

Although I did miss out on MB last time as I was too late booking and ended up on Bleu.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 12:31:32 am »

Ther's never any problem with tickets for the Classic. ACO VIP Passion members get free paddock tickets (otherwise 30€) and half price grandstand tickets (valid all stands IIRC).

Here's last year's brochure:

The last 3 classics we have never had a problem, however with the ever inventive ways that the ACO come up with booking tickets, I am not expecting it to be a piece of cake.
Dangermouse

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 12:59:52 am »

>Martini...LB

The wife's 50th this year is on Friday June 10th.......still, I'm sure Interflora deliver from Le Mans Roll Eyes

Did I just say that out loud?
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 09:44:33 am »

Our tickets are already pre booked through an agent. I know you pay through the nose but I can't be bothered with the hassle, especially when the run up to LMC is spent messing about getting cars ready.

Dick Dasterdly was right
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 08:26:38 am »

Our tickets are already pre booked through an agent. I know you pay through the nose but I can't be bothered with the hassle, especially when the run up to LMC is spent messing about getting cars ready.

Are you going to be ok for this one, what with your big birthday that weekend?

My wife's 'big birthday' is the middle of the following week so I can talk her into that weekend, I think.

Did you get confirmation on the tickets S?

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 09:01:20 am »

Are you going to be ok for this one, what with your big birthday that weekend?

My wife's 'big birthday' is the middle of the following week so I can talk her into that weekend, I think.

Did you get confirmation on the tickets S?

>Martini...LB

Tickets have been confirmed. We have already had the discussion on the birthday aspect. Its my birthday, not anyone elses and i will spend it how I choose. Grin

Dick Dasterdly was right
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 08:03:21 pm »

I went last year for the first time and was parked on the Bugatti circuit which was great as the cars leaving the track had to drive by right next to us after every race. Absolutely stunning but blimey was it hot!

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 08:21:48 pm »

Absolutely stunning but blimey was it hot!

Scorchio!  And then the beer pumps stared breaking down due to the heat Angry

Let's hope this year's main event is somewhere between that temperature and what we have had to suffer the last few years.

Positive thoughts, 27 degrees and sunny.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: