Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 01:37:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Home Guard Thread  (Read 44352 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2011, 08:03:35 am »

For those who will be staying at home this year rather than storming those Normandy beaches  and marching south. A place to convince ourselves that its better to watch the race from the comfort of the sofa, and the company of our comrades isn't worth the trouble.

Yes, its the sad buggers staying at home thread. A place to talk about the race as it happens between adverts. Why not post up pictures of those DIY chores that your other half has lined up for you? Prefer a trip to Ikea over Carrefour? Tell us about it; share the pain brothers. No sunburn, no burnt meat, no turds in the shower. It really is that lame!

And for those heading over, spare a thought for us sad souls keeping the home fires burning.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
JPS Beemer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 09:22:36 am »

I know how you feel...actually, that's a lie.  10th year on the bounce this year and can't wait to get on the road on Wednesday.

Can't you feign getting lost in Ikea (entirely plausible) and this explains why you ended up in a shopping trolley in LM?

Little Bill Daggett: I don't deserve this... to die like this. I was building a house.
Will Munny: Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:06:41 am »

For those who will be staying at home this year rather than storming those Normandy beaches  and marching south. A place to convince ourselves that its better to watch the race from the comfort of the sofa, and the company of our comrades isn't worth the trouble.

Yes, its the sad buggers staying at home thread. A place to talk about the race as it happens between adverts. Why not post up pictures of those DIY chores that your other half has lined up for you? Prefer a trip to Ikea over Carrefour? Tell us about it; share the pain brothers. No sunburn, no burnt meat, no turds in the shower. It really is that lame!

And for those heading over, spare a thought for us sad souls keeping the home fires burning.

Can't you make it now Si.
Big shame if not buddy.
Drop me a mail.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 02:54:45 pm »

I'm with you. Might not even get to watch lots of it on the telly...... Sad

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 03:40:40 pm »

As a few of you already know, I will not be in attendence due to a family illness, so will have to watch in on the TV, if somebody can remind No Panic to bring back the ACO magazine and a Flying Lizzard poster that would be appreciated

Jules
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 05:37:03 pm »

I blame the ACO

Well, who doesn't?

Long ago Toby Anscombe and I became involved in organising the big celebration of Fifty Years of the MG Midget at Burghley House

The dates we were given were "12 June or bugger off"

We had to choose dates that missed all the other MG based club events and the 12th was fine...

Then several months later the ACO chose the weekend of 11th/12th June and my world collapsed Sad

So now, not only won't I be able to watch any TV coverage on Sunday, because we have work to do on Saturday too, well you can see how happy a bunny I am

BUT HAPPY DAYS

My guv'ner (she who says what goes) says what goes next year

Is me to La Sarthe

Yippee  Grin

Have great time y'all

See ya laters

b

edited

'cos of... Sad
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 08:48:27 am by Perdu » Logged

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
TobyAnscombe

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 06:44:55 pm »

Wot he said!

This year is a bust - probably the best year to go with Mrs Toby being still on maternity leave (8 months and counting! End of July seems to be the current date...) But Midgets are only 50 once and to be honest, I'm a bit skint at the moment (might have something to do with being on one income..)

So, Saturday I shall be in front of the TV with some warm Stella and I shall grill some unspecified animal to beyond an inch of its life while wearing a very battered CA shirt. Least I get to watch it in HD with RadioLM...

Sunday I shall join Bill and about 750-odd MG Midgets at Burleigh House so its not all bad....

Next year will be the race proper and the Classic as well - Nick, we need to start working on your escape plan ahead of time, you must have finished building by now Grin Grin Grin
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 09:07:53 pm »

I feel its all my fault, as the new Ikea is just round the corner and it will be the nearest one to Abingdon Shocked

I have to stay drunk for a week to recover - no change there then Grin

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 09:13:23 pm »

Toby.

Oh yes. I may well undertaking a double visit to la belle France next year. All being well I should be living a bit closer to forn parts too by then.

Ought to have finished building soon, moving this month sometime, this is why I might not be able to do the full once round the clock on the sofa full of tepid lager and lightly charred raw meat, but once it's done the brownie points bank ought to be pretty full.

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 11:17:49 pm »

Hi Bill & Toby,
                  Sorry to hear you will be absent. have a good time with the Midgets.
Canada Phil
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 06:10:34 pm »

Home fires are burning up here. Ten sodding degrees. TEN!!

chop456
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 10:18:38 am »

The YFDS contingent will be watching from a secret bunker along the shore of Lake Erie.  Our whole group that attended LM last year -2 that can't make it.  Certainly won't be the same on TV, and our hospitality program pales in comparison to that of Mark/JPChenet, but we'll do what we can.  Enough beer and sleep deprivation and it'll seem like we're there again.

Safe non-travels to all.  Grin

I stole DelBoy's lighter and lived to tell the tale.
Douglas
CA Veteran

Cum on hear de noyse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 12:40:04 pm »

Doug and Roy stuck here on the 'sunny' South Coast, 12 degrees and raining.
Will be watching on Eurosport and already listening to Radio LM.
Here's to Wishy and Neil, have a good one boys, you both deserve it.
Consolation was Peter Kay at O2 on Monday last, best comedian I've ever seen live, you may see me giggling on his Christmas DVD.

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 04:53:30 pm »

Doug and Roy stuck here on the 'sunny' South Coast, 12 degrees and raining.
Will be watching on Eurosport and already listening to Radio LM.
Here's to Wishy and Neil, have a good one boys, you both deserve it.
Consolation was Peter Kay at O2 on Monday last, best comedian I've ever seen live, you may see me giggling on his Christmas DVD.

Hi Doug, how you doing? I'll pass on your good wishes to Andy & Neil in person when I meet up with them tomorrow night  Wink

Heopfully see you over there another year.

Pete B.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 11:52:10 pm »

Well this staying at home lark isn't too bad. Cooked up a huge pan of tartiflette when I got home, and still managed to get a few hours out on the bike before quali. Now watching on Eurosport with RLM commentry and live timing up. Also on my fourth very cold Leffe and third cherry bakewell slice. I could get used to this.

Astons rather poor. 5 seconds a lap slower than the P2 Norma ffs. Roll Eyes

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: