Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 04:39:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Termietermite  (Read 59037 times)
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2011, 09:55:50 pm »

Good news Ian.

Ade

Le Mans - the how you get there is not quite as important as being there.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2011, 08:26:16 am »

Great news, sounds like it was a very well contained spot then. Hope for a speedy recovery, I will tell the guys in the fields of Spa tomorrow that there are promising results and will raise a couple of glasses to Deb and you!!!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2011, 08:37:40 am »

Ian, thanks for  the update, love to Deb and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery from the surgery.

jules
nickliv

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2011, 04:21:03 pm »

That's really good to hear, encouraging to hear things like that so soon. Add my regards to everyone elses.

If I had all the money I've ever spent on drink, I think on balance, I'd probably spend it on drink.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2011, 04:23:44 pm »

Get well soon Deb's.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2011, 06:46:35 pm »

The "camera" up Deb's nose and down her throat is in fact a feeding tube! They've found that after certain sorts of surgery, it helps avoid nausea. It may be withdrawn tomorrow. It does mean she can talk. I have spent much of today's visit rubbing almond oil into her legs - her skin is perilously dry, and she has had another minor outbreak of lobster-itis, which continues to intrigue the medics. Mid-afternoon, a mature lady in cap, gown and mask appeared - the anaesthetist from yesterday, checking on progress. Impressive or what?  We have to wait a week before the results of the biopsy are known, but Deb already feels the headache she'd had for 3 weeks has just gone. Recovery has started, surely!

Missing Termietermite
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2011, 08:20:54 pm »

Come on girl, out of that bed and lets hear from you!

I tested negative for patience.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2011, 09:54:13 pm »

Excellent news - good luck and fingers and everything still crossed

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2011, 11:03:56 pm »

Good to hear that Termie is going to be better soon

Mrs P had the full monte last year and is now up, about and nagging for England in full voice…

Expect to be hearing that Deb is the same from now on

Good (no, very great) news about the single room too

Little important things mean lots and lots

Up and about soon Deb

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 30, 2011, 11:13:27 am »

Well we are trying! I bought a 3G dongle for her netbook - would you believe that in order to use it for more than a couple of weeks, I need to register it (by French law) including a copy of my passport photo and details page? Hitler's lot may have been kicked out in 1944, but you feel the Gestapo are still here!

Feeding tube now withdrawn, as is catheter. Other "shore supplies" will all be gone by tomorrow night.

CA-ers will be aware that Deb speaks pretty good French (much, much better than mine) but even so, there are words she doesn't know. After the op, during which the abdomen is inflated with gas to make surgery easier, the medics were asking her whether she'd been able to do something? What were they asking? Eventually they managed to get the message across - had she been able to fart yet? Futher details will not be provided here - a girl is entitled to some dignity!

Missing Termietermite
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2011, 02:08:20 pm »

It good to here that things are starting to go in th right direction.  Keep us informed.

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2011, 05:36:48 pm »

Well we are trying! I bought a 3G dongle for her netbook - would you believe that in order to use it for more than a couple of weeks, I need to register it (by French law) including a copy of my passport photo and details page? Hitler's lot may have been kicked out in 1944, but you feel the Gestapo are still here!

Feeding tube now withdrawn, as is catheter. Other "shore supplies" will all be gone by tomorrow night.

CA-ers will be aware that Deb speaks pretty good French (much, much better than mine) but even so, there are words she doesn't know. After the op, during which the abdomen is inflated with gas to make surgery easier, the medics were asking her whether she'd been able to do something? What were they asking? Eventually they managed to get the message across - had she been able to fart yet? Futher details will not be provided here - a girl is entitled to some dignity!

So, what is the french for 'fart' then - out of interest, it could become my new favourite word.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2011, 05:45:12 pm »

I thought I'd find it for you but found this intriguing article instead. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P%C3%A9tomane

Glad Deb seems to be on the mend...
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2011, 06:13:44 pm »

Well, I'd said I wouldn't mention the f-word again, but Deb thought you all deserved to hear the tale.

By 14.30 today she still hadn't "broken wind" but by 14.35, she had. A few mins later a nurse popped in - "I've farted!" said Deb. "Ooh, good!" said the nurse, and opened the door to tell her colleague, who just had to then pass it on to another nurse. "She's farted!" was thus going up and down the corridor on a Sunday afternoon. And you thought it was a subject women never mention except when you've been unpleasant!

Missing Termietermite
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2011, 10:48:39 pm »

I'm so glad Debs is on the mend, and so glad to hear that Frence nurses have the same sense of humour as me.

I think women are only allowed to do this after they had been married.

I understand, that the word "petard" (as in "hoisted by ones own") is derived from the French word for fart, a petard being a small explosive device.  I've hovercrafted a bit, but never gained any serious altitude.

Interesting point on the 3G Dongle - little hope of picking one up just for June

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: