Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 12:38:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 69 Jensen Interceptor for sale  (Read 3317 times)
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2011, 10:52:27 am »

Hi all,

I need to get started on my new Alfa project if I'm to get it finished in time for next years classic, so rather sadly its time to part with the Interceptor.

1969 series 2. 6.3 litre hemi, Edlebrock performer carb and inlet (brand new), otherwise standard spec. Rebuilt Torqueflite box (zero miles) with modified shift points to improve performance. Rebuilt suspension, konis, upgraded brakes, stainless exhausts, rebuilt axle with LSD and new halfshafts, five new Pirelli P6000s on refurbished series 3 alloys, lager radiator with twin fans, reconditioned steering rack, alternator and starter. All parts have less than 2000miles on them since a very comprehensive rebuild.

Original interior in black leather, stitched leather headlining and new carpet set inc boot area. Original Jensen 8 track but with modern CD/tuner hidden in glovebox. All in good condition.

All new rubber seals (no leaks!), all perfect chrome and stainless trim etc.

Now the good bit... The car is currently stripped to bare metal for a full repaint. Its a perfect shell with no evidence of any welding or accident damage. All floors and sills are perfect and rust free (ziebart and waxoyled from new), so none of the usual Jensen money pit problems. Subject to a deposit this car can be refinished in whatever colour you like. All door shut areas have also been stripped for a proper panel-off repaint. The choice is yours!

Once painted the car will be reassembled with all new fastenings, tested, serviced, MOT'd and taxed.

Some history.

Originally owned by Robin Ellis (Poldark), it has spent most of the 90's in a private collection. It was mechanically rebuilt prior to me buying it in 2008. It has a documented 80,700 miles on the clock and comes with a big history file including all Jensen factory records. It also has the rare Jensen factory handbook.

A very nice Interceptor. Structure is perfect, it drives very well and is very much admired. It is road tax exempt and insurance is only £150 a year if you are over 30. It took a long time to find an Interceptor in this condition as there are lots of dogs out there. Prices have almost doubled in the 3 years I have owned it and continue to rise so its a pretty good investment to boot.

I'm looking for offers around £18,000. A deposit of £5000 will be required should you want to chage the colour but this is open to discussion. The car can be delivered to you within eight weeks of the deal being struck. Those of you who saw my Alfa at Le Mans last year will know that my cars are built to the highest possible standards and this car will be just as good. I don't cut corners or do things on the cheap.

The car can be viewed at any time up here in Northumberland (5 mins from east coast main line of 15 from Newcastle Airport). My number is 01670 513501 if you have any questions.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 09:32:32 pm »

If I had the cash I'd be round like a shot, my dream transport, but  Cry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: