Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 06:55:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Late ferry changes beware.  (Read 3369 times)
slash

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:29:50 pm »

Just posted this info on Beermountain, so I thought I would share it with the good folk here.

Having just changed my car, I needed to amend my ferry booking with Brittany, no problem, just get on the website and click on the manage my booking tab, OH NO!

The website tried to charge me an extra £180 for taking a similar sized vehicle. I phoned Brittany Ferries, and the lovely Louise explained that changes made on the website will reset the entire booking to reflect current prices, not the price when originally booked, hence the huge hike in cost. The amenment was made over the phone, and no costs applied.

Don't rely on the web, make that call!

Slash
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 12:01:50 am »

Ferry Travel Club - made a couple of changes this year and no charges at all. The original price is cheaper than booking direct, even after paying the 8 quid membership.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 11:00:39 am »

I wish I'd known of this a week ago. I needed to amend our booking last week.

The changes were one extra passenger and a change from a car to a van. The only size difference between car and van is an extra 60cm height. The van also weighs almost a tonne less than the car.

The cost was astronomical. I cancelled our cabin to lower the cost and changed to an earlier crossing but I still had to pay £80 extra.

What really pisses me off is I used a voucher from to make this booking. By voucher was worth £340 and this years crossing was originally £260 and there is no cash alternative, so the bastards were already £80 up.

I think this is my last year with Brittany Turpin. I've used them for the last 9 years, but I think it's time to find someone who doesn't shaft their loyal customers.

Si

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 05:21:34 pm »

I suspect you might be looking for that ferry company for some time..... Roll Eyes

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Buck Bundy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 05:27:07 pm »

I wish I'd known of this a week ago. I needed to amend our booking last week.......................

I think this is my last year with Brittany Turpin. I've used them for the last 9 years, but I think it's time to find someone who doesn't shaft their loyal customers.

Si

I think you're being a bit harsh, as you now know the reason for the huge increase. It's a good point that Slash made - websites just aren't always clever enough to do what we want.

We do Le Mans on bikes, and for a few years BF's website didn't allow more than 1 bike to be booked at a time (it does now), so it was impossible to share a cabin. Because of this, we booked by phone and explained that the website didn't permit what we wanted to do, so the person on the phone matched the cheaper on-line price. I had the same problem trying to make a free on-line ammendment that the website wouldn't allow, but by phoning up and explaining the problem they did the ammendment and waived the £10 fee.

In short, I've never had a problem with Brittany Ferries, only their website. If in doubt talk to a human.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 06:45:08 pm »

In short, I've never had a problem with Brittany Ferries, only their website.

...........and their prices   Sad Sad

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: