Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 06:59:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Le Mans  (Read 23491 times)
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 06:56:12 pm »

also the track being public road for a big part of the surface means extra protection is needed i am told (legally)
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Drinking can be hazardous to your health.....

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 07:28:00 pm »

£4.50....  The exchange rate must have gone up for £ to Eur.   Roll Eyes

Check out my band!  www.blackmarketband.co.uk
On Facebook:  www.facebook.com/bandblackmarket

See you at a gig soon?
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 08:00:02 pm »

1.25 at the moment Smiley
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 08:39:09 pm »

Average exchange rate over the weekend was 1.23€ to to £, so the beer was £4.47 for 50cl.

Still tasted like gnats by the Sunday though.
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 08:59:57 pm »

still not bad for a pint Smiley

pay the same in my hotels in Hull/London

anyways, i will stop the bickering, it is a bit pointless since we both ventilated our points Smiley
monkey
CA Veteran

monkey

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 09:08:19 pm »

Average exchange rate over the weekend was 1.23€ to to £, so the beer was £4.47 for 50cl.

It was 6 Euro at Mulsanne - but tasted great on Sunday - so worth every cent in my humble..............see you all next year - well not Brad Z obviously.  Cheesy
slash

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 09:25:46 pm »

Brad, please stop behaving like the last 4 letters of your tag!
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 09:48:57 pm »

There are bits of radio le mans i like and don't like. Overall i think they do a good job. I sadly realise the expense has gone up so it's a global market they have to aim for.
Best bit this year had to be the playing of the Castro oil advert before the gpC race.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 11:21:30 pm »

Did anyone have trouble with reception this year.  It kept breaking up due to the louder French commentary on the next channel

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 11:25:35 pm »

had the same issues until putting it on manual FM frequenty search and locked on 91.2. no issues at all after that from tertre rouge to maison blanche
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 11:45:32 pm »

Given all the circumstances and pressures of setting up a radio station and putting on a commentary, I for one am bloody glad that I have the option to tune into a free english language commentary throughout qualifying and the race;  I couldn't put that together, let alone keep it running and I suspect there are few others around who can, so hats off to John Hindhaugh and the crew who do.

Yes, it's changed over the years, but so has what is acceptable and doable, particularly as it is now streamed over the net, rather than just being a very local circuit radio broadcast. 

The reception this year was variable but localised - around the start/finish area was the worst, with constant interference with the French commentary - but elsewhere it was fine for me.

Oh, and yes, I do remember the year when Hindy was broadcasting the commentary of the race, simultaneously with his commentary on the England/Denmark Euro qualifier that everyone was watching being broadcast on the big screens. 

Now how many of us could do that?  Let's be thankful for what is there....

MG Mark   

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2012, 02:14:43 am »

Brad, please stop behaving like the last 4 letters of your tag!

Thank you for your considered and worthwhile opinion.  Now please get back in your box.

See you at a gig soon?
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 02:24:30 am »

£4.50....  The exchange rate must have gone up for £ to Eur.   Roll Eyes

It was 6 Euro at Mulsanne - but tasted great on Sunday - so worth every cent in my humble..............see you all next year - well not Brad Z obviously.  Cheesy

You know what - you're right - you wouldn't see me there.

It's funny - It's not because I can't afford to pay the prices,  and those who know me will more than likely confirm, I'm no tight a*** - I just feel completely ripped off by it all.  Maybe I've been spoiled by my trip to Sebring in March? To give you an example, a bottle of Diet Coke at Sebring, was $2.50 - or £1.75.  A bottle of Diet Coke at LM is 4 Euros (and that was last time I bought one - so at least a year ago!) - That's DOUBLE the cost!

Maybe I'm getting old - Or maybe having seen a major event, which doesn't try and rip you off, even with a captive audience, I now feel even more begrudging of those who feel the need for such extortion at Le-Mans.  For me - it all started when the Euro came in - things which were previously 10 francs, were suddenly 2.5 Euros.....

Don't get me wrong - I'll still be there when I can be, and I'll still more than likely end up paying the prices - what I'm saying is it really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth - which even the sweetest, coldest beer, would never shift.

To bring this thread back on track - my view is that the ACO are to blame for inflating the price of the broadcasting rights at the same sort of rate as things like the cost of the beer - hence RLM have to sell their coverage to the TV companies, and to major corporates, just to survive.  What was once something which could be done on a shoestring budget, suddenly needs a really serious budget, just to break even - just another way that the ACO has served to hand one of the greatest events in the world, over to the corporate hospitality prawn sandwich brigade.  

« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 02:52:09 am by Brad Zarse » Logged

See you at a gig soon?
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 08:25:34 am »

Its also worth bearing in mind that the cost of living generally is higher in France than USA - in particular, some comparisonn sites indicate that domestic beer is +115%!!

I reckon the GA and camping tickets are pretty cheap and really great value if you get full use of the week camping and the qualifying sessions rather than just coming on Friday-Sunday for the race.

F
Brad Zarse
Demi Moore's toy boy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 12:33:37 pm »

Its also worth bearing in mind that the cost of living generally is higher in France than USA - in particular, some comparisonn sites indicate that domestic beer is +115%!!

Well at least it's consistent with what I've seen I suppose!?!

Maybe I am just a miserable old git - maybe I'm just still peeved at missing LM again this year (having really struggled with it in 2009, I didn't anticipate having to miss it this year and it cut pretty deep staying at home). 

In parts, I agree that the value level for tickets is still reasonable - perhaps again, I'm skewed by my experience in the States, and because when I started going, it was so very much cheaper - it always amazes me, that inflation is rarely any more than 5%, yet tickets for sporting events worldwide seem to increase by 10-15% per year.... That said - perhaps my view is also skewed by the increased value of the Euro.....

.....As with all things in the world, maybe the people to blame, are the politicians Smiley

See you at a gig soon?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: