Club Arnage
April 23, 2024, 05:23:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sebring  (Read 5619 times)
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2013, 02:57:57 pm »

sebring on motors telly live 2.30 today
beer and popcorn at the ready

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 05:15:08 pm »

Just finished watching the first two and a half hours of coverage, now its off to work for the rest of the afternoon.  Should be home in time to catch the last few hours.
Fax
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 09:33:09 pm »

I've been watching on and off all afternoon, filling the gaps with RLM. Mrs S has gone out, kids are in bed, so time to crack open the first of several beers and settle in for the night.

Been pretty good so far. GT is really entertaining as ever.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
gatordad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 01:53:30 am »

You ought to see it from this end? The racing is great even though my Porsches aren't making any sort of show and even Alex Job has gone to the dark side with Ferrari.  Too bad it wrecked...he, he.

Time for some of your blokes in the UK to commit to making the trip.  Too bad Dottore couldn't take the time out of his busy schedule to drop by our site.  I guess he was way too busy.  Saw Canada Phil though.  Seems like a pretty good guy...for a Canadian and all. Smiley

Too Dumb For Opera, too smart for NASCAR
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 05:43:32 pm »

looks you you had a great time gator my missus gave me a poke when i passed out on the sofa ans missed the last half hour of the race.cant wait till june .

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 08:34:10 pm »

Andy,Olly and I had a great time too...even managed 2 visits to the Patron Bar.....hic!!!!

Andy
gatordad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 09:28:21 pm »

You know what gets me about all this Sebring talk?  I had a bunch of great craft beers for when the CA contingent showed up at our site and nobody came to visit.

All this talk about collegiality and friendship...bull.  I did go to where I saw a CA flag and talk to Canada Phil.  That was it!

Cry

Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 10:17:38 pm »

On the plus side.... at least you got to enjoy your craft beers!

Smiley
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 01:06:52 am »

You know what gets me about all this Sebring talk?  I had a bunch of great craft beers for when the CA contingent showed up at our site and nobody came to visit.

All this talk about collegiality and friendship...bull.  I did go to where I saw a CA flag and talk to Canada Phil.  That was it!

Cry

Hi Gatordad, 

I guess you forgot that you met me too.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 10:10:51 am »

Cry

I would imagine everyone was sh*t faced over at Turn 10.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 09:56:18 pm »

Cry

I would imagine everyone was sh*t faced over at Turn 10.

Now why on earth would you think that?

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
gatordad

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 09:12:07 pm »

Sorry I failed to mention you...never was clear on your "real" name while we talked.

I do remember all Canadians I meet as they talk funny and by Friday or Saturday are the color of lobstah from the spring sun in Florida.

The kids were somewhat burned up but Phil seemed to be doing better with the sun.  BTW, the craft beer you guys missed was great and appreciated by my "real" friends.

Maybe next time for youse guys... Smiley

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 11:58:17 pm »

Well Gatordad you should understand that the numbers of CA visitors was significantly down this year and that the time on site is actually quite restricted (mostly late wednesday to early sunday), You have to take into account the 10hr flight recovery, the effects of the massive hospitality of the Turn 10 crew as soon as you set foot on their hallowed turf, Sebring is a long awaited pilgrimage for most of us with many historic sights to see and it takes a while to get orientated. Glad your "real friends" liked your beer, dont take offence to the no shows, was not intentional I am sure (Brad and I did not make it over this year, last year was our first, maybe next year).
gatordad

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 03:17:42 pm »

I trust everyone knows I'm just having fun with you reprobates.  Next year will be the "Great Reveal" for how NASCREW is going to fix the race for us.  We will take a wait-and-see attitude, show up, drink our beer, burn our meat on a grill and see what drives by our site.

I thought that the racing this year, especially in GT was some of the best I've seen in awhile.   See you next March.

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 07:00:11 pm »

I trust everyone knows I'm just having fun with you reprobates.  Next year will be the "Great Reveal" for how NASCREW is going to fix the race for us.  We will take a wait-and-see attitude, show up, drink our beer, burn our meat on a grill and see what drives by our site.

I thought that the racing this year, especially in GT was some of the best I've seen in awhile.   See you next March.

Hi George,
              Sorry I did not make it to your site. As you know I tried twice. I find at all the races I go to I never get to do all the things I want. how can one enjoy a beer at Turn 10 while seeing friends in the paddock is one challenge I have yet to master. See you next year.
Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: