Club Arnage
April 16, 2024, 04:04:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverstone Six Hours - FIA / WEC - Tourist Trophy  (Read 6370 times)
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 12:57:28 am »

Wowsers, you drowned a 1d?? Given that those things are as weatherproof as Canon make, I'm slightly worried about bringing my less weather proofed camera now!

Well, most of it was my fault.  I didn't have any raincover with me (which I usually do), since I didn't expect this amount of rain.  The 1D has its limits too, and when I felt I was getting soaked completely I knew the camera would follow at some point.  I just couldn't stop shooting, first real assignment after my leg-accident, so had to deliver good pictures (which came out pretty well afterwards).  The gear took (another) beating but ultimately survived, although it took untill Sunday afternoon being able to use the big 300 again ... condens between the glass elements.  Apparently I wasn't the only one with that problem, spoke to a few other photogs who had the same issues.

New batteries were ordered today, now thinking about getting an extra camera (1Dx, 7D, 5DIII) and watching the used market for an extra tele (really into the 500 right now).

Bumped on to Barry on Sunday, last time he saw me was in an ambulance ... good to be back my feet again  Grin

Few more teasers, lots more to come (including Sebring)

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2013, 10:49:33 am »

Well then, how about that? What a good race. If each round of the championship is as good as that then I think the WEC might end up surviving. And we have yet to see the 2013 Toyota. Should make for a pretty good season of racing. I just hope that some of the manufacturers who are sat on the fence are taking note!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: