Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 05:24:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Club Arnage Flags  (Read 64843 times)
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2015, 02:16:10 pm »

I'd go with the better quality

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2015, 03:56:47 pm »

Better quality for me.

Steve East Anglian cobras

landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2015, 02:50:56 pm »

For the sake of a fiver I'd go for the quality offer.

If Lord Steve is cancelling his order I'll take his flag to bring my order to two if that helps?

Does anyone think that CA should buy a (small?) number of flags to keep as stock and sell them on for a profit to swell CA funds?

Just thinking that if the base cost is £25 then how about making some available through the site for £30, which is a 20% mark-up but in reality only a fiver?  As certain super markets would have us believe "every little helps".

P.

Crouch..........bind..........set
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2015, 03:59:52 pm »

Does anyone think that CA should buy a (small?) number of flags to keep as stock and sell them on for a profit to swell CA funds?

Just thinking that if the base cost is £25 then how about making some available through the site for £30, which is a 20% mark-up but in reality only a fiver?  As certain super markets would have us believe "every little helps".

P.

The concept of CA holding a stock of items has been discussed and rejected a few times in the past due to potential problems with storage/wastage/cost etc. 

Essentially, the various items of merchandise (T-shirts, polo shirts, lanyards, calendars, flags) have been organised by an individual who has collected the monies for the orders BEFORE placing the order on the supplier. Much of this happened prior to 2007 when CA did not have any central structure or bank accounts. It was during 2007 that we had to become a little more organised.  A few items after that time - T-shirts in 2008 and 2009, and the calendars produced for 2008, were still organised by an individual, but a markup was included in the price to boost CA funds.  As there were invariably people who would order an item then disappear, it was decided that orders on suppliers would only be made for confirmed customer orders (confirmed = paid!!).

Just took a look back - the original flags were generated by Robbo SPS back in around March 2005 - 30 were ordered at a cost of £10 which included postage.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2015, 04:11:00 pm »

P.

The concept of CA holding a stock of items has been discussed and rejected a few times in the past due to potential problems with storage/wastage/cost etc. 

Essentially, the various items of merchandise (T-shirts, polo shirts, lanyards, calendars, flags) have been organised by an individual who has collected the monies for the orders BEFORE placing the order on the supplier. Much of this happened prior to 2007 when CA did not have any central structure or bank accounts. It was during 2007 that we had to become a little more organised.  A few items after that time - T-shirts in 2008 and 2009, and the calendars produced for 2008, were still organised by an individual, but a markup was included in the price to boost CA funds.  As there were invariably people who would order an item then disappear, it was decided that orders on suppliers would only be made for confirmed customer orders (confirmed = paid!!).

Just took a look back - the original flags were generated by Robbo SPS back in around March 2005 - 30 were ordered at a cost of £10 which included postage.

Del

Fair enough, Del, if it's been tried before and not worked then ignore my thoughts.  I have to say that I run a car owner's club and merch is the same in that some people just don't cough up the cash when they said they would.

All the best  Smiley

Crouch..........bind..........set
Si H
CA Veteran

It's almost time to go again....

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 03, 2015, 01:11:18 pm »

I've not been online for a while...can you add one for me to the list please if its not too late
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 03, 2015, 09:11:25 pm »

On the list thanks and I'd go with the better quality choice.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2015, 10:09:14 am »

Definitely the heavier one, if only, in my case at least, to properly reflect its owner!

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste....
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2015, 12:33:57 am »

I've not been online for a while...can you add one for me to the list please if its not too late

Si H,

Yes of course.

I am waiting a sample, so a short while yet.

Ian

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Si H
CA Veteran

It's almost time to go again....

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2015, 02:01:20 pm »

Si H,

Yes of course.

I am waiting a sample, so a short while yet.

Ian

Cheers Ian, just let me know what you need from me and when. We've ended up on Epinettes but we've got tickets so will fly the flag on our return to Le Mans.

Simon
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2015, 12:18:31 pm »

The Chinese printers look OK.  I've asked for a sample, but they sent me pictures instead!  I've asked again.

The costs look OK - certainly less than £20 including all shipping, probably closer to £15, but won't know until we have the exact shipping weight.

I'm tempted to go with them, without a physical sample.

Thoughts?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2015, 03:02:19 pm »

Aricus, what address do you want my sample sent to?
laters lofty

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2015, 01:23:00 pm »

If they look OK then for fifteen quid or so it has to be worth a punt? Go for it I say.

Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2015, 01:44:11 pm »

I say go for them without a sample. I realise that you probably feel responsible for getting us good flags but I for one will be happy to pay for whatever turns up. Thank you for taking a lead on our behalf
PAFC OK

Carpe Diem

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2015, 02:59:18 pm »

Here here......

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: