Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 08:09:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Saward F1 Blog  (Read 4310 times)
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2013, 10:58:34 am »

It's all kicked off on the Joe Saward F1 blog, thankfully Graham Goodwin from daily sportscar.com has stepped in with a nice piece.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/the-law-of-diminishing-returns/

Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 11:45:10 am »

There's an hour of my life I won't get back. There really are some morons about.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 11:53:18 am »

Si, it certainly is an hour lost Sad sorry............. At least GG put's forward a reasoned view amongst the sea of morons
John G

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 01:34:02 pm »

I won't bother trawling through it then
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 03:31:59 pm »

It's people's misinterpretation of Joe's point that is the problem. He's not slagging off sportscar racing or Le Mans or Audi. He's just pointing out that the continued domination of Audi isn't doing the race any favours in the eyes of the casual (and largely disinterested) observer. Which is completely true. Look what Seb Loeb and Citroen did to the WRC?

To turn things around we need more teams to come and challenge Audi's superiority, but if the current domination is turning the media off, you soon find a downward spiral of interest which won't attract the new teams we so badly need.

I'm sure Joe is intelligent enough to see that F1 isn't all roses at the moment and to create a bunfight against sportscar fans and F1 fans wasn't his intention at all.

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 09:06:50 pm »

The reality is that Joe is correct, there must be a law of diminishing returns.  Unless I am much mistaken ticket sales for the F1 Grand Prix at Silverstone are down this year and one reason given is the dominance of Red Bull although it is more complicated than that as the economy is still stuffed, no Brits expected to win, tyre issues etc.

However domination by one driver does seem to lead to a loss of interest in F1 and the same must be true for Le Mans.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: