Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 03:51:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was this a CA'er?  (Read 5719 times)
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2013, 12:57:49 pm »

Apologies for the Daily Mail link.............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2348765/British-driver-breaks-speeding-record-French-motorway-traffic-police-clock-160mph--fast-took-miles-catch-him.html

Silly bugger  Roll Eyes
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 03:17:36 pm »

No mention of the speedy Dutch & Danes that overtook us heading north on Sunday.

Crouch..........bind..........set
ukcobra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 04:43:47 pm »

Nor the French registered BMW that was doing well over 130mph by our estimation !
Bob T

...and don't I know it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 01:33:34 am »

So, to sum up what that article actually states as fact...

Out of the many thousands of British motorists that headed for LeMans in high powered cars, despite suspicions and the many speed traps, only seven drivers were caught speeding in excess of 120mph.

How many speeding fines issued to Brits in total that week?
How many Brits crossed the channel that week?

I'd bet the number of Brits caught speeding is less than 0.001% yet it's made out as if all Brits are speeding hooligans!

On my journey home I stuck to the limits and only one or two Brit cars crept past me - quite a few French & German plated cars whistled past.

We take a lot of Euros to the economy of LeMans.

Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy - Colin Chapman
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 03:27:32 am »

I didnt see 1 cop on my way whole time in france. I actually stuck below the limits a fair amount

Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 10:22:47 am »

Certainly the first year I attended in 03 we did travel down at a rapid rate of knots, which on refection was idiotic but as LM virgins we got carried along following some of the exotic cars travelling down.

Posting's on CA, beermountain and Pistonheads may have made a difference in changing peoples attitudes. Agree with Bob T the numbers are so small, but it is the daily wail at the end of the day who wrote the article.

I didnt see 1 cop on my way whole time in france. I actually stuck below the limits a fair amount

That's because they hid the radar in camouflage hides at the side of the road Wink 
Truck
CA Veteran

Are you HGV positive?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 04:32:53 pm »

Strange that, neither did I, until I had the complete search at Le Havre. They even wanted to look in the top lockers of the caravan, which are a bit small to hide illegal immigrants and under the beds.  They searched everybody.  I was worried that they might find the Herbes de Provence and confuse it with other "Herbes". We're paying for all of this by the way

I did see some of their new Gatzos, which seem to be springing up all over the place south of Le Mans.  At least 4 new types

Help, get me out of here.  Its Lorry

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 05:14:21 pm »

Strange that, neither did I, until I had the complete search at Le Havre. They even wanted to look in the top lockers of the caravan, which are a bit small to hide illegal immigrants and under the beds.  They searched everybody.  I was worried that they might find the Herbes de Provence and confuse it with other "Herbes". We're paying for all of this by the way

I did see some of their new Gatzos, which seem to be springing up all over the place south of Le Mans.  At least 4 new types
customs spotted my MB pass in the window and said "I know where you have been on you go!"

Radar
CA Veteran

What is this llama sh*t anyway?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 07:30:57 pm »

Lots of cops hidden in laybys on the LM-Rouen motorway, and a couple on bridges as well.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 07:52:36 pm »

Strange that, neither did I, until I had the complete search at Le Havre. They even wanted to look in the top lockers of the caravan, which are a bit small to hide illegal immigrants and under the beds.  They searched everybody.  I was worried that they might find the Herbes de Provence and confuse it with other "Herbes". We're paying for all of this by the way

I did see some of their new Gatzos, which seem to be springing up all over the place south of Le Mans.  At least 4 new types

At Le Harve, let though main check in, in the lanes for the ferry ,Le Rozzers & Customs searched a big horse box in front of me, making him open everything, even the smallest door (big enough to post a pizza).

Got to my campervan, said is this yours and where had I been, said "yes and Le mans" looked at the others, shrugged his shoulders and walked off - must have been the smell of fear, or 3 days of no showers that put him off  Wink
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:54:20 pm by nopanic - neil » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 09:04:26 pm »

Strange that, neither did I, until I had the complete search at Le Havre. They even wanted to look in the top lockers of the caravan, which are a bit small to hide illegal immigrants and under the beds.  They searched everybody.  I was worried that they might find the Herbes de Provence and confuse it with other "Herbes". We're paying for all of this by the way

I did see some of their new Gatzos, which seem to be springing up all over the place south of Le Mans.  At least 4 new types

At Le Harve, let though main check in, in the lanes for the ferry ,Le Rozzers & Customs searched a big horse box in front of me, making him open everything, even the smallest door (big enough to post a pizza).

Got to my campervan, said is this yours and where had I been, said "yes and Le mans" looked at the others, shrugged his shoulders and walked off - must have been the smell of fear, or 3 days of no showers that put him off  Wink

Eau du Pong monsieur, unless he was scared off by Chris in his EK suit...

Good time guys, glad to share a site with you.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 06:21:23 pm »

We were asked by French customs in Dieppe on our return -
"Where have you been"? - Le Mans
"Are you carrying more than 10,000 euros"? - Raucous laughter all round  Cheesy

Steve East Anglian cobras

Peaky

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 06:22:45 pm »

we saw a few, one sneaky Pierre was hiding with his speed gun in the shrubbery!

Lots of cops hidden in laybys on the LM-Rouen motorway, and a couple on bridges as well.

"I am an artist. The track is my canvas, and the car is my brush..." Graham Hill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: