Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 11:25:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 158   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Modern Commer Replacement  (Read 1035106 times)
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: August 10, 2007, 07:28:37 pm »

My office 1948 RT.  (used to a green country bus)

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 10, 2007, 10:41:16 pm »

he aint joking either

That's going to work for Gary

Where the rest (some) of us used to go to work by bus Gary goes to work at a bus...

Huh

confused? you will be

Gary have you had time to look at that parchment? I lost one somewhere in that London a few years ago, is that the one? X marks a spot near the Tower Of Lunnon?

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

it's all a bit much at my age.... Ich Habe.

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 13, 2007, 11:29:29 pm »

This may make a guest appearance next year as my Zil quest is drawing a blank...

She was dragged out of the barn last week to make way for my pops unreasonable ammount of hay!

A squirt of petty in the carb and a tractor battery WILL get her running!

Had it since I was 17......

* camper.jpg (63.46 KB, 320x240 - viewed 380 times.)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 11:34:06 pm by Lord Pig-Pen » Logged

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 14, 2007, 12:07:03 am »

or one of these two.... but as Nissan UK have discontinued all 300c parts (twats) I doubt it very much. Awesome cars.... HAS ANYONE ELSE EVER DRIVEN ONE?

I rate the saloon (all auto) better than the estate (all manual) but 3.0L V6 in either form is fun... the only cars to benefit from air filter removal (2 pairs of lady pig pens tights over air intake) as the induction noise is sooooooooo good. anyone want to buy one?Huh? he he

Now to be really boring.... there were 1037 300c's  saloon and estate sold between '84 & '86 with a few in early 87...and that was it... hardly a surprise as they were more money than than the same level merc... which looked a little more modern for the era.

What are your views??

* saloon 1.jpg (23.57 KB, 320x238 - viewed 373 times.)

* estate.jpg (24.63 KB, 320x238 - viewed 384 times.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:15:00 am by Lord Pig-Pen » Logged

What do you mean dust?.... Thats not dust, this is dust! Ich Habe Honda S2000 and its not mine!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 14, 2007, 05:03:44 pm »

VW? You got a VW! And you ask what to go to LM in??? Put her back on the road NOW!

Nissan 300s?  Shocked WTF, they were hopelessly outclassed by premium Europeans in their day. Very reliable, as I recall, but you had to be some sort of oddball and into shiny plastic stalks and lumpy seats to buy one new and think it was any good. One for disgruntled Alfa Romeo Alfa6 drivers maybe? (were there ever any Alfa6 driver's who weren't disgruntled?)

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
garyfrogeye
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a messy Houx Annexer

View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: August 14, 2007, 05:54:43 pm »

We had one of these six cylinder 2600cc Red with wolfrace wheels. I wanted my dad to get the rear end jacked up but he wouldn't let me Roll Eyes
Rear side window on the back was electric for putting your shopping in. I thought that was very cool.

If I was you, I wouldn't start from here
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: August 14, 2007, 11:30:54 pm »

VW? You got a VW! And you ask what to go to LM in??? Put her back on the road NOW!

Nissan 300s?  Shocked WTF, they were hopelessly outclassed by premium Europeans in their day. Very reliable, as I recall, but you had to be some sort of oddball and into shiny plastic stalks and lumpy seats to buy one new and think it was any good. One for disgruntled Alfa Romeo Alfa6 drivers maybe? (were there ever any Alfa6 driver's who weren't disgruntled?)

She was going to Bug Jam about 4 years ago but failed the dreaded MOT on rusty brake lines, which were duly replaced but my spanner man couldnt get her in for re test in time so she has sat in the dry barn since full of kitchen units for my place.
On your instruction... NOW... I will get her back and running and she will make a guest appearance next year. On the boring side.... she is a 72 changeover model, nice bumpers with high and big lights and indicators. motor is a 1700 type 4 (remember how ugly they were) which was an option for that year. Camper conversion is Danbury (Crap) but she seats7, makes up into a kingsize love grotto bed and has enough headroom with roof up to allow any deviance one should require when camping.
Shame it lost all the big stereo years back as it would bounce a full can of stella off the roof in seconds.... but.... next year she will be there. Can we do a lap of honour with the Commer??
I may even start a new thread about the bus... if anyone is interested?
My body and paint mate is up for sorting it all so.... watch this post.. oh and It has a Rex plate... bought for my 21st by parents.... REX21K... Hmmmm (i like it!)

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: August 15, 2007, 12:32:39 am »

OK Rex

You'm forgiven as it is in such a good cause

Give you an extry year to find the Big ZEE anyway

same time? same ferry?

Roll Eyes

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: August 15, 2007, 12:59:14 am »

Perdu
Yes mate.... same ferry. same day. another shitty VW, but stay close as this one may need a tow  at some point on the journey... No she will be fully sorted and the "black jap crap" (nice good car) sold to fund the new bits (panels) and my paint and body man is ready for the weld and smooth. I will post a pic of his paint quality tomorrow as he can paint black that looks wet when dry as if you could dip your finger in it!
Anyone want bits painting in aircraft grade paint to THE HIGHEST quality... let PP know! Sprayer is based in New Milton, Hants.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: August 15, 2007, 03:40:58 pm »

Good news Lord PP, you know it makes sense, esp if it pisses down with rain again. The Commer will be delighted to have a new travelling companion.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1540 on: August 15, 2007, 09:06:30 pm »

found tis pic on the web, as they say in Italy - Prit-ey Van

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Lord Pig-Pen
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 19, 2007, 10:09:38 pm »

Good news Lord PP, you know it makes sense, esp if it pisses down with rain again. The Commer will be delighted to have a new travelling companion.
For info... new battery will be with me tomorrow and have ordered a pair of complete front arches so the front bumper can go back on and a new set of window rubbers to go in once the top half has been resprayed.
Once she is mot'd the engine and box will come out so the tinware can be sprayed by my mate and the annoying jumping out of first gear (bent selector fork) problem sorted. Will also have a taller 4th cog fitted to give better cruising.
Further updates to follow!

Just dug out some old pics and scanned em..... This one is from '91when she took me and my at the time girlfriend to the south of France.
More to follow once I work out how to make em smaller

* camper.jpg (165.57 KB, 2338x1700 - viewed 365 times.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 10:39:38 pm by Lord Pig-Pen » Logged

LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1542 on: August 20, 2007, 06:15:42 pm »

FFS PP, could you crop that one a little? So all the white around it is gone?

Sumpin' like this :

* pp.jpg (50.03 KB, 837x600 - viewed 408 times.)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 06:21:17 pm by LangTall » Logged

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: August 20, 2007, 06:35:02 pm »

.........just leaving the rust   Wink Wink Wink

Del

Team Delboy Racing
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: August 20, 2007, 09:48:35 pm »

Out with the old - in with the new.

This is now parked in our yard

Blimey, I saw that only the other night driving home!! I didn't realise any other CA'ers worked in this area, let alone in the same road!

I'm down at Unit 2!
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 158   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: