Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 08:56:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USCC 2014 Schedule  (Read 4300 times)
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2013, 03:59:43 pm »

2014 Tudor United SportsCar Championship

Jan.   25-26 – Rolex 24 at Daytona
March     15 – Twelve Hours of Sebring
April     12 – Long Beach (Prototype and GTLM only)
May        4 – Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
May       31 – Detroit Belle Isle (P, PC and GTD only)
June      29 – Six Hours of The Glen
July      13 – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
July      25 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway
August    10 – Road America
August    24 – Virginia International Raceway (GTLM/GTD race; PC race)
September 20 – Circuit of The Americas
October    4 – Petit Le Mans
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 06:00:28 pm »

I've given up trying figure out what these clowns are thinking, no Sears Point, Mid-Ohio, or Lime Rock. But they're going to VIR (which is a glorified club circuit), IMS, to be Friday support race for the floundering NASCAR event, and where no one gives a rats's ass about the sportscar race.
I hope this whole thing goes tits up, and something totally new rises from the ashes.
Fax
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 04:59:56 pm »

Yes, quite a mish-mash of events and classes. The term 'dogs breakfast' springs to mind.

There are still a few gems like Rolex 24, Sebring and PLM in the mix though, as well as the shared weekend with WEC at the COTA in Sept.

I've given up trying figure out what these clowns are thinking, no Sears Point, Mid-Ohio, or Lime Rock. But they're going to VIR (which is a glorified club circuit), IMS, to be Friday support race for the floundering NASCAR event, and where no one gives a rats's ass about the sportscar race.
I hope this whole thing goes tits up, and something totally new rises from the ashes.
Fax
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 07:02:56 pm »

Agreed, the classes are lashed together at best.  There are only nine events with all classes on hand.  Looks like they're content to be crummy support races for Indycars at Long Beach, and Belle Isle, as well as the previously mentioned Friday support outing for the floundering Brickyard.  The Long Beach race is a laughable, the old GP circuit was bad enough, but the current Indycar layout is a joke, half the race is run behind the safety car.
I've had it out with some USCC folks on another forum over the decision to race at IMS instead of Mid-Ohio.  They're truly delusional, and obviously in NASCAR's pockets.  One guy keeps giving me the argument that Mid-Ohio's facilities need upgrading, that's the reason they're not going.  That's the most bogus excuse I've ever heard, Mid-Ohio's facilities are every bit as good as Road America's, Road Atlanta's, and certainly nicer than VIR's.  They're just convinced they've got be at IMS with the stock cars, even though absolutely no one there gives a sh*t about that race (or the NASCAR Cup race for that matter).  They should race where people want them, and will turnout for the meeting. Not where some NASCAR jackass tells them they should be.
This is a add-on, I saw where COTA announced a two day attendance figure for the WEC round of 26,000.
That's pretty much identical to the crowd they got for the Grand-Am race.  Once again, these guys should be racing where people actually give a damn about the event.  I can guarantee they would have a bigger WEC crowd at someplace like Road America, Mid-Ohio, or Laguna Seca.
Fax
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:40:49 pm by Boorish Grobian » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: