Club Arnage
April 16, 2024, 06:32:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 : Nissan to LMP1  (Read 3708 times)
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2014, 05:15:49 pm »

Nissan is fully committed to entering the LMP1 class at the start of the 2015 World Endurance Championship, the Japanese manufacturer has revealed.

It had previously stated that it was working on concepts for an LMP1 programme, which is a condition of its 2014 'Garage 56' Le Mans 24 Hours entry with the ZEOD RC experimental racer, and that funding had yet to be signed off.  Now it has revealed that key decisions about the project are being made and that Nissan's first outright challenger for Le Mans honours since 1999 is on course to be on the grid for the opening round of the WEC in 2015.  Nissan global motorsport director Darren Cox told AUTOSPORT: "Any motorsport programme is dependent on the decisions of a company's board of directors, but we are pushing ahead as though it is all happening. "We are making decisions, entering discussions with suppliers and on target to be at Silverstone [the opening round of the WEC this year and last] in April 2015."

Cox would not discuss details of Nissan's plans, although he did admit that the hybrid powerplant's internal combustion element would be petrol-powered. "We are not doing this in a conventional way: it will be a global project, so NISMO [Nissan's motorsport arm in Japan] and Ben [Bowlby, designer of the ZEOD], will be involved," he explained.

The next wave of announcements concerning the ZEOD, including confirmation of the configuration of its internal combustion engine, are due at the end of this month.
Source : Autosport.com

LMP1 coming back to life !  Next up could be Ferrari.
Need to find me a way to get credentials in WEC and LM for the next years ...

Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 11:54:03 am »

Excellent! It will be like 1999 all over again. My first year as Maison Blanche with credentials and a cracking year Smiley
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 10:08:33 pm »

Anything that peps up LMP1 by introducing competition to Audi / Toyota etc is good by me. Imagine Nissan, Mazda, Porsche, Mercedes. Throw in a proper works Bentley for good measure and a Peugeot for local interest and then imagine trying to get a camping spot! Come on June, I'm impatient.

I tested negative for patience.
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 04:04:02 pm »

nissan diesel engine i Wonder.
works Bentley.what another green audi.

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 04:10:56 pm »

Why do you assume a diesel engine for Nissan in 2015?

From Autosport: "Cox would not discuss details of Nissan's plans, although he did admit that the hybrid powerplant's internal combustion element would be petrol-powered".

nissan diesel engine i Wonder.
works Bentley.what another green audi.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: