Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 03:17:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday Concert  (Read 12605 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2014, 01:09:39 pm »

The Earth Wind and Fire Experience last year was great - really gave us a chance to exercise the feather boas - has anyone heard anything about 2014?

Ian

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 03:51:21 pm »

Here comes the annual bore-fest about the music. 'Who is playing?', 'I hope it isn't a French band, French bands are sh*t', 'Even though they may all be dead, who would you really like to see?' YAWN, YAWN, YAWN. Ever tried watching the motor race? You never know, you might like it.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 04:21:50 pm »

If it bothers you so much, this thread could have easily been avoided if you simply read the title and moved on old timer.

F
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:29:09 pm by Fran » Logged
JDS
Club Arnage Demi God

Moi, enivré? Sűrement que vous me moquez monsieur?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 05:38:31 pm »

If it bothers you so much, this thread could have easily been avoided if you simply read the title and moved on old timer.

F

Grin Grin Grin
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 06:54:50 pm »

Some things just have to be said.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 12:34:44 am »

It was really full last year, but I guess that you won't be blocking my view this year!

I'm really happy with French bands too - Air, Daft Punk.....

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 01:07:24 am »

At the Silverstone Classic they had Pink Floyd Reloaded - A German based tribute band who were tremendous. I think they would go down a treat with an LM crowd for a great Friday night concert.

Whilst I have never bothered about seeing a band on Saturday night at LM I do think that if you strip away all of the extra events that go on at the weekend eg the parade, ferris wheel, the village activities, the museum, the antics,....... and the band,    the event would become sanitised and lose a big part of what makes it special for all of us, including those that only go to watch the racing.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 01:10:50 am by Newcastle Dave » Logged
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 12:35:43 pm »

At the Silverstone Classic they had Pink Floyd Reloaded - A German based tribute band who were tremendous. I think they would go down a treat with an LM crowd for a great Friday night concert.

Whilst I have never bothered about seeing a band on Saturday night at LM I do think that if you strip away all of the extra events that go on at the weekend eg the parade, ferris wheel, the village activities, the museum, the antics,....... and the band,    the event would become sanitised and lose a big part of what makes it special for all of us, including those that only go to watch the racing.

I couldn't agree more it all adds to the general atmosphere whether you bother with the concert or not and personally i have never been that interested in the acts to bother.
It's like all the sights and sounds it just isn't the same without some sour faced slightly rotund french woman staring me down when heading in to relieve the bladder pressure, or in our case the customary Grand Marnier Crepe at 3am.

The whole event is like a good old woolworths pick n mix if you don't like the aniseed balls you don't have to suck them  Wink

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
oldtimer
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 06:02:06 pm »

I dare say some of you out there may think I talk balls, but I can categorically confirm I never suck on them!

Wink
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 08:43:03 pm »

Seems the line up this year may well be...

wait for it...

Medi
Hollysiz
Charivari & Renan Luce
Noa Moon

With the headline act being the well known and loved

Alpha Blondy

(Subject to official confirmation)

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 09:07:37 pm »

Looking forward to it now I know who will be playing.

Always worried it will be some fading 80's band.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
lofty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

joint european drinking initiative

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 10:13:52 pm »

nirvana tribute band would be very apt

J.E.D.I.
i dont want to be in a club
i want to be in a gang
or perhaps a drinking order
enzo
CA Veteran

!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 11:19:34 am »

That should be fun for the French youths ? Hold me back from the stage no seriously hold me back so i don't unplug the Amps  Evil

"The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It's nothing of the kind. The game is about glory. It's about doing things in style, with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
clkgtrlm1
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Le Mans - Follow the Carbon Footprints!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 11:31:04 am »

Seems the line up this year may well be...

wait for it...

Medi
Hollysiz
Charivari & Renan Luce
Noa Moon

With the headline act being the well known and loved

Alpha Blondy

(Subject to official confirmation)

Wwwwhhhhhhooooooo???

Baldrick, my Lord! But I can change it to Ploppy if it'll make things easier.
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 02:24:30 pm »

Doesn't matter, surely the big screens will be showing some kick-ball action from Brazil ?

Wooosh!!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: