Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 02:04:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not going to make it  (Read 5495 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: June 10, 2014, 01:52:21 pm »

After a complete clusterfuck of a week, due to reasons beyond my control, (but hopefully not medical science), for the first time since 1980 I will be staying at home this year.

Bet its the best bloom'in race ever, held under cloudless sky's with free beer handed out by semi naked ladies.

Have a safe trip everyone.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 02:40:44 pm »

Never thought I'd see the day Rupert. Nothing too serious I hope. Sure we will see you back next year.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 02:46:54 pm »

Nooooooo  Shocked

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 02:54:03 pm »

Sorry to hear your missing after all those years,hope it all turns out well  Smiley

They have lumps of what round the back???
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 02:58:53 pm »

Sometimes you cannot avoid the sh*t in life, this week has been one of those times. I did ask the ACO if they would move the race back a week, but am yet to hear from them.

I am fine, it is my wife who is not well so all things considered I felt it better to stay at home this year and watch it from the comfort of the sofa.

The hardest part of not going is all the flipping facebook updates of people arriving Roll Eyes.

Come next Monday, planning will start on 2015, (or maybe the classic in 2014 Evil)

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 03:34:21 pm »

Bad news Nordic, I feel for you too. I hope your wife gets well soon.

Sounds like Facebook is your enemy, I'm glad I don't understand it...

I started my return planning a few weeks ago, not sure where to go across yet though.

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 05:48:14 pm »

After a complete clusterfuck of a week, due to reasons beyond my control, (but hopefully not medical science), for the first time since 1980 I will be staying at home this year.

Bet its the best bloom'in race ever, held under cloudless sky's with free beer handed out by semi naked ladies.

Hey Rupe

In that case I am not going either... ok I do not have tickets or a boat booked, or time off work, but that has nothing to do with it...  Grin

Hope the missus gets sorted soon, maybe see you at the Classic, which I am going to.

>Martini...LB

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 06:33:24 pm »

Sorry to read your bad news (and that 'clusterfuck' escaped the sweary auto sensor - oops I said it again).
Hope nothing serious with Mrs L.

There will be a little patch of HA empty and forlorn without you.  I'll keep an eye out for aforementioned beer wielding ladies.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 08:02:17 pm »

Hey Nordic, sorry to hear that your good lady is not well, hopefull on the road to recovery. I know what you mean about F.......Book, p...ed off with it already.
Jules G
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 11:36:55 pm »

Best wishes to you nordic and yr wife

I too will be missing now due to lack of employment. The good news is I was handed a contract with a Danish company today to consider and have an interview in Germany on friday Smiley

Jules
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 11:38:12 pm »

Feel for you -bestvwishes.  I'm fortunate that my circumstances/condition of missus will hopefully allow me to get there. As for FB, I'm not on it so it doesn't impinge....and yhat sort of works for me. All the best,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 12:05:38 am »

Sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 12:19:13 am »

Nordic, Jules, hope both of you encounter better times soon...
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 12:53:50 pm »

Thank you all for the kind words and I am looking forward to watching the race on telly over the weekend. Not the same as being there but I cannot think of another reason I would not go.

Just know that its going to be a cracker, at least the weather is not looking so good now, which has cheered me up a bit Wink

Jeez Aricus, thats harsh. Hope the scan works out ok and your soon on the mend, and your right, the race will be much improved with the added Nissans in 2015.

Good luck with the new job Jules.

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: