Club Arnage
March 28, 2024, 10:21:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who, what where when? 2014  (Read 25404 times)
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 10:16:22 pm »

Out via tunnel late Wednesday afternoon.  A new twist to the journey this year, staying overnight in Calais - meal, beer and opening match of world cup.

Thursday amble down to Houx - usual spot.

Motor - 6 series and an Audi A3

Jem.
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2014, 10:54:35 pm »

Les Epicuriens du Virage d'Arnage

Advance party out DFDS Sunday 8 June 12:00, hitting Arnage Tuesday (hopefully)
Back Sunday 15 June DFDS @ 23:00

Total gang 24 by Friday night dribbling in from various points at various times including 8 virgins, 3 911s, 2 bikes, a refrigerated van, a couple of chelsea tractors and some other tat including the Verso carrying #77 to keep madam happy about Dr Dreamy.

ps - each year we have fun with the French getting onto Arnage on Tuesday as it only opens on Wednesday (allegedly). In the event we fail this year, if anyone is prepared to loan a ticket for any other site for 1 night only, Tuesday, would be much appreciated. Have in mind the need to yell for help (if we need it) late Tuesday and be gone by sparrow fart on Weds. Please pm me.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 11:05:20 pm by dukla » Logged
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 02:50:35 pm »

Usual crew heading down on Wednesday to stay on Musee. Leaving Sunday afternoon to avoid the Sunday night visitors......
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2014, 12:32:22 am »

My old M5 failed its annual MOT.  Again.  Sad Nothing too difficult just a cut front tyre and handbrake. Still with just a week to sort it out, it just adds to the fun.  Undecided

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2014, 09:18:16 am »

My old M5 failed its annual MOT. 

E28 or E34 ?

aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2014, 03:53:17 pm »

E28 or E34 ?

Alas, not that classic, just an e39, so none of the value and all of the costs.

Last year I put on Michelin Pilot Super Sports - had to import them into the UK from the US because Michelin didn't make them available in the UK in the size of my rears, unfortunately my wife was spotted that they only lasted me a year. Still, it was fun around Spa Francochamps!

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2014, 06:33:17 pm »

E28 or E34 ?

Alas, not that classic, just an e39, so none of the value and all of the costs.

Last year I put on Michelin Pilot Super Sports - had to import them into the UK from the US because Michelin didn't make them available in the UK in the size of my rears, unfortunately my wife was spotted that they only lasted me a year. Still, it was fun around Spa Francochamps!

Aricus

I do love that shape M5 and well Spa is a fantastic track

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2014, 08:19:51 pm »

Team Pretzel (me and the other half).

Out Pompey - St Malo Wed. 11th 20:30 overnight ferry (plenty of opportunity for a beverage or 2)

Back Caen - Pompey Mon. 16th 16:30

Staying offsite & driving in every day.

Trusty Porsche Cayman providing the transport between home/port/hotel & parking vert.

Not long now!

Edit - now returning Sunday night 23:00 from Caen. Accommodation overbooked at our hotel for the Sunday night and all alternatives offered so near to Ouistreham it's not worth hanging around.

Never done the late Caen-Pompey return crossing on the Sunday night. Anyone care to advise what it's like?

Pete B.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2014, 08:41:10 pm »

Out Pompey - St Malo Wed. 11th 20:30 overnight ferry (plenty of opportunity for a beverage or 2)

Trusty Porsche Cayman providing the transport between home/port/hotel & parking vert.

Not long now!

Edit - now returning Sunday night 23:00 from Caen. Accommodation overbooked at our hotel for the Sunday night and all alternatives offered so near to Ouistreham it's not worth hanging around.

Never done the late Caen-Pompey return crossing on the Sunday night. Anyone care to advise what it's like?

Pete B.

Pete,

I like that ferry.  A lot of locals come out to photograph the flashier cars coming back, so it feels like a bit of a welcome.  The bar is a good place to say goodbye to this years trip before getting a bit of sleep.

I haven't found a good place to get breakfast once ashore now as all the local Little Chefs have gone (M27 and A3), unless anyone knows of anywhere?

Aricus

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:11:47 am by aricus654 » Logged

LuxExpat

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2014, 02:09:40 pm »

Not long now!

Pete B.

Pete,

I like that ferry.  A lot of locals come out to photograph the flashier cars coming back, so it feels like a bit of a welcome.  The bar is a good place to say goodbye to this years trip before getting a bit of sleep.

I haven't found a good place to get breakfast once ashore now as all the local Little Chefs have gone (M27 and A3), unless anyone knows of anywhere?

Aricus

What time does the ferry arrive - or I'd suggest there's a Harvester at Port Solent, opens 9:00a.m?
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2014, 05:11:10 pm »

Not long now!

Pete B.

Pete,

Aricus

What time does the ferry arrive - or I'd suggest there's a Harvester at Port Solent, opens 9:00a.m?

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm guessing that we'll have a reasonable amount of time in Ouistreham to grab a meal and a beer while watching the other Sunday night returnees. Probably a similar atmosphere to when we usually come back on the Monday 16:30 sailing then.

As for a beer in the ferry bar, it would be rude not to  Wink

We'll grab breakfast on the ferry so no worries on that front. Thanks anyway for suggesting the Port Solent Harvester. There's also a huge 24Hr  Tesco on the same site where I know we can stock up on snacks for our schlep back to South Wales.

Pete B.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2014, 12:44:36 am »

The Moose is loose Grin What is not packed now stays behind.
Get the beer on ice. see you on BN on Wednesday probably early afternoon.
Phil
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2014, 02:08:21 am »

Phil

Cold Stella waiting for you sir !

Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2014, 09:48:54 am »

safe travels all!!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2014, 01:11:38 pm »

Phil

Cold Bitburger from me!

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: