Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 06:23:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "will stu get a passport and book his ferry in time" thread  (Read 26414 times)
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2014, 11:42:41 pm »

I'm sure you'll manage the 178 pints off it on your own. Stuffs all ready to put in van (was pissing down today), team have their instructions, dropping van off tomorrow around lunch time then pace the floor till 8am Monday when I will be phoning people. Angry  Bon Voyage and see you on the other side.
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2014, 05:26:23 am »

Looking forward to the next instalment to this story when I get up from a wee kip  Grin

3 night shifts to go...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:29:36 am by mike(liverpool boys) » Logged

They have lumps of what round the back???
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2014, 10:28:09 am »

Well Stu, it's 0930 on Monday, what's happening? Or was this a wind-up?
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2014, 11:39:57 am »

I'm sitting in the passport office in Durham whilst Liverpool investigate where it is as they seem to be at a loss what had happened to it. This is story number 8 but the lady is trying to help. I might be driving to Liverpool today Undecided

More to follow
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2014, 12:03:17 pm »

I'm sitting in the passport office in Durham whilst Liverpool investigate where it is as they seem to be at a loss what had happened to it. This is story number 8 but the lady is trying to help. I might be driving to Liverpool today Undecided

More to follow

'Kin el'

So much for national security.  Roll Eyes

Steve East Anglian cobras

ukcobra

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2014, 01:00:33 pm »

Good luck in your Hunt, my son's passport was delivered to the wrong house, without a signature, where it sat for a month. The passport office kept fobbing us off until they could no longer argue why it was taking so long.
Apparently, it is OK for the courier to leave it without a signature , unfortunately the couriers need to be able to read, and determine the difference between the number 3 and number 2.

I have some escalation points if that helps, but as you are on site, I suspect you probably have all the right resources to hand.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 04:09:26 pm »

Good luck in your Hunt, my son's passport was delivered to the wrong house, without a signature, where it sat for a month. The passport office kept fobbing us off until they could no longer argue why it was taking so long.
Apparently, it is OK for the courier to leave it without a signature , unfortunately the couriers need to be able to read, and determine the difference between the number 3 and number 2.

I have some escalation points if that helps, but as you are on site, I suspect you probably have all the right resources to hand.

It's a national disgrace. They use the cheapest possible courriers. Mine was delivered by an illegal immigrant in her own twenty year old Fiat Seicento. There was a whole basket of passports on the passenger seat, yet the nearside door didn't even shut properly let alone lock, as all the door innards were dangling out. Not her fault on the utter peanuts she was no doubt being paid, but still, someone higher up wants f**k*ng.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 08:51:47 pm »

Well, at 8am this morning I rang the couriers who had no record of my delivery or any in my street. Back on to passport who didn't seem to know what had happened and said Liverpool would contact me. So down to Durham and managed to get in without an appointment again. Spoke to this nice lady who looked as baffled as me when she was reading the log so she rang Liverpool and got the lad there to investigate it straight away. After 20 mins he rang me back via the reception desk and said he had found it in the post room. They said they could courier it up which could take up to 2 days so I left to pick it up. Apparently after printing they had recalled it back to do it again  Huh  So after an impromptu childminding session from 1:30 to 4:30am this morning whilst next door had a casualty emergency then a drive to Liverpool and back I'm now shattered. Flight from Leeds to Paris CDG booked and should arrive at Blu Nord about 8pm. Bring it on. Can't wait. Bon Voage every one. And do call in for a beer.

* 2014-06-09 14.07.52 (Custom).jpg (71.92 KB, 720x406 - viewed 257 times.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:14:34 pm by Stu » Logged
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2014, 09:19:11 pm »

Hoo f**k*ng ray.  Well done, you've earned the beer.

Steve East Anglian cobras

JerryT

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2014, 09:26:18 pm »

Great thread though, enthralling to the end.

Glad Stu has got his passport and will soon be on his way Smiley
mike(liverpool boys)
Club Arnage Demi God

If in doubt,flat out! - Colin McRae

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2014, 09:33:34 pm »

2014, the year the Scottish Scouser made his comeback and the Geordie nearly didnae make it  Grin

Their a diverse bunch the Liverpool boys  Cheesy

They have lumps of what round the back???
Lord Steve
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The only self appointed peer on Maison Blanche!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2014, 10:13:33 pm »

FFS! What a f'kin palaver! Well done Stu. Safe trip, enjoy Le Mans and when you get back kick someone's head in!

I tested negative for patience.
Newcastle Dave

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2014, 10:15:19 pm »

So glad you have got it and can get there, but gutted for you that you have missed the start of your week. Have a good one when you get there to make up for this cock up.

best Dave
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2014, 10:21:13 pm »

As the great Rowley Birkin QC would say (well sort off), I'm going to be very................very..............drunk.  Smiley
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2014, 10:25:28 pm »

See you Wednesday Stu.  If you've drunk all the beer by the time I get there I won't blame you!!!

I wouldn't mind so much but they charge a lot for the crap service and they are subsidised buy my taxes too

t
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 10:36:49 pm by Lawnmower Man » Logged

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: