Club Arnage
April 18, 2024, 10:40:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Porsche 956  (Read 11332 times)
LangTall
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Llama's kick ass!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 10:21:47 pm »

Did it employ that PDK system - I think it stands for Porsche Dopple Kubblung, or something like that - where it pre-selects the next gear?
That would be Porsche Doppel Kupplung then. Wink Has never been used in the 24 du Mans, was only used in so called 'Flugplatzrennen'. Porsche is adapting the Aud/VW DSG gearbox, and will call that the DPK again. Will be available on the 911/998

Link on this in German

This film should be played at high volume, so don't come complaining about it! And who the hell is Steve?
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 11:07:57 pm »

Going back to the synchro 956, I thought the reason was that you could change gear faster, as it helps the dogs engage, and puts less stress on them making it more reliable.  Plus they were planning to sell them to privateers, who would like it if they were used to less exotic machinery.

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2006, 10:54:14 am »

They did use it at other races, i seem to remember Derek Bell having to use it in i think the Malaysian race when they had torrential rain. On the fasted part it started changing down on it's own! Only the rev limiter saved the pistons from going into low orbit.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: