Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 02:19:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting Away After the Race  (Read 3113 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2014, 08:09:30 pm »

I tend to stay until after the prize giving before making it out.  I have always followed the getaway set out in the guide, but hardly see any other traffic on this route once I'm out of the campsite and especially when I'm on the Mulsanne Straight.

Unfortunately, it took me an hour and a half to get out go Houx.

I had thought about putting my packed car in the car park of the Carrefour supermarket, 3 stops up on the tram.  But when I looked, it wasn't open on the Sunday and I was a bit concerned - in the UK, people regularly get fines for parking in supermarket car parks more than a couple of hours even if using them.  There's also the security issue I guess, despite the pikeys, I think it's probably safer on the camp site.

Does anyone know if the same private car park fines apply in France, and whether the idea I have is a good one?

Aricus

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 08:23:41 pm »

Can't comment on the supermarket car parks Aricus but I too was struck by the amount of time it took to get out this year. We park in Vert, which is pretty close to Houx and normally 30 minutes is all it takes to get out and going again. This year it was at least 90 minutes before we made it out of the car park and rolling. The route down the Chemin aux Boeufs being closed off and all traffic being sent left past the Tertre Rouge Bar certainly didn't work. Hopefully the Le Mans/Police authorities will take note of the huge delays and revert to previous arrangements for the future.

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 03:33:23 pm »

I watch the end of the race at Arnage and always get away fine as the roads are clear - that's my view tho

Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 08:10:58 am »

Last year we were camping on Beausejour and as I was worried about getting out I moved my car up to the long stay car park by the main Le Mans station on the Sunday morning.  Had to pay but quite reasonable and it worked well but no idea if it saved time!
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 02:04:18 pm »

Left the van where is was MB, a doodle to get out

on Monday morining  Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 09:47:49 pm »

Deb would not have approved. Having enjoyed a vintage race, I realised by about 2 p.m. Sunday that Dr Ulrich was going to get another notch on his bedpost. So about 2.45 I slipped out of Tribune 18 and was out of Parking Blanc within minutes. Home indoors by 3.30. Deb was adamant we should stay and fete the winners, listen to the speeches etc. In the days when we camped, of course, it took a grumpy while to dismantle the tent and stow everything, making uncouth suggestions about the Sarthois Pikeys etc, and by that time the crowds had gone anyway, so her idea made sense.

Missing Termietermite
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: