Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 11:30:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T Shirt  (Read 121093 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2004, 06:17:05 pm »

Robbo

So to be a pain but can I amend my order to 2 x  XL please.

The cheques in the post tonight!!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2004, 06:55:33 pm »

Please PLEASE can everyone follow jpchenet's good example and restrict themselves to t-shirt relevant posts in this thread.
Bartus
CA Veteran

The cars, the action and the chicks:speedpics(.nl)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2004, 03:48:56 pm »

For some strange reason I do not seem to get an answer to my initial question about a price in Euro. Rather strange...

Bartus(who wants a t-shirt as well)

veni bibi vomui
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2004, 04:26:59 pm »

Easy solution...
1) Go to the bank and change your Euros to 10 GBP (whatever the rate is, no idea at the moment).
2) Put the 10 GBP note into an envelop adressed to Robbo. Don't forget to include your adress
3) Wait for the postman (however long it may take)
4) Receive shirt

Maybe Robbo is so nice and buys you a beer in June for the extra Pound you spent for the shirt. Or you just happily pay it to compensate the extra hassle and cost he has for sending the shirt to the Euro zone. Hey presto, job done, everybody's happy... Cheesy Wink
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 04:29:37 pm by hgb » Logged

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Bartus
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2004, 04:50:09 pm »

That is a double waste of money cos first I make costs to change to Pounds and than Robbo makes extra costs to change back to Euros in order to be able to buy a beer in June....  Roll Eyes

Bartus(who is rather pennywise)

veni bibi vomui
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2004, 05:02:56 pm »

Hmm, you're right there but didn't you know that LM is one of the biggest "throwing money out of the window" events in the world. That's why I love it.  Grin

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2004, 06:01:21 pm »

Braketest - Robbo is just an ordinary person who has volunteered to get some tee shirts printed for fellow members of the site. Obviously he does not want to be (nor should he be) out of pocket, and he is putting in a lot of his own time and effort to make this work. The shirts are being made and supplied at cost, there is no profit anywhere for anyone on this site.

In fact this whole forum is run voluntarily - no-one makes money from it, so you could call it a hobby for us all.

While I understand that you want a tee shirt - who wouldn't? - and I also appreciate your concerns regarding the cost, I've already been trying to avert World War 3 on your behalf, but quite honestly this is starting to take more time than I care to spend.

It would be helpful if you came up with a suggestion or two about how you COULD pay, or how you are prepared to pay, to get a shirt. I'm sure we can work something out...
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2004, 06:02:51 pm »

Robbo / Smokie -
I may well need to raise my order to 18 possibly 20 t-shirts.

looks like :-
Medium - 2
Large - 11
X Large - 5

I will confirm and send my cheque by the end of this week.

Ta very muchly.

List amended - smokie
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 07:03:53 pm by smokie » Logged

Steve East Anglian cobras

54rossi
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2004, 08:28:41 pm »

Hi, Only registered on Club Arnage today but have been a L'mans faithfull for the last 8 years ( I know,slow learner ). Am I in time to order a couple of T shirts both large and whats the payment process.
Cheers. Huh

Details of cost and how to order are in the earlier parts of this thread
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 08:30:45 pm by smokie » Logged
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2004, 01:39:15 am »

That is a double waste of money cos first I make costs to change to Pounds and than Robbo makes extra costs to change back to Euros in order to be able to buy a beer in June....  Roll Eyes

Bartus(who is rather pennywise)

OK. I've managed to keep my posts to this thread on the theme for long enough.

Bartus/Breaktest/Patience Test.  

The very early posts of this thread clearly state the cost of the t-shirts. Subsequent posts have covered the additional costs involved if you would like to pay in Euros. Big H has given his time in coming up with the initial design, Robbo has given his time in making this design accessible to the forum members, Smokie, Chris and Grand Fromage give their time in moderating the forum.

I know several have already posted similar messages but please........if you want to try to start a "flame" thread, go to the kiddies forums where they belong.

If you genuinely want a Club Arnage t-shirt then please act as though you are someone who the volunteers of this forum would be pleased to see/meet wearing one. Should this be the case, I will happily purchase one on your behalf and swap it with you for Euros at the Champagne Bar on the Saturday of the race at 21:00 when we all aim to meet each year for a drink.If thsi is not the case, please, please, please, stop this irrelevant agitation of good people!!!

Before last years race, I gave up some of my time to have some Club Arnage window stickers created from the designs of the forum moderators. They were not necessarily to everyones ideal taste, and some people posted to say so. However, all the posts were constructive, and in no means condiscending!

Here's hoping this can be VERY quickly resolved so we can all meet up for a drink in June?!?!?!

Cheers!!

SORRY MODERATORS!!!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 02:35:45 am by jpchenet » Logged
Bartus
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2004, 10:56:54 am »

Just for you all to understand....I am a La Mans regular that has missed 2 outof the last twenty races. I have been visiting this site for years and I have been using the info to travel around Le Mans and I do appreciate this site and THAT is why I wanted and still want to buy a t-shirt. My initial question about Euro's was answered with a load a insulting garbage and that is what made me decide to adapt myself to what seems to be the standard: kick back wen you're kicked!

It seems to be too complicated to get one in a currency that you will all need in June so I'll be sending a 10 Pound note to Robbo and hope he'll mail me a t-shirt.

Bartus(who will register the nick patience-test lateron today for your convenience)

veni bibi vomui
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2004, 06:55:56 pm »

Bartus, on behalf of CA, I'm sorry you received a rough ride on your first post. That's not to say it was in impeccable style. Everyone needs to also appreciate that things can take on a different meaning when read rather than heard, and that their particular style of humour doesn't always travel well across languages and cultures.

It's one of the reasons that, in the past, I have deleted posts which could be construed as offensive. I've been criticised for this, so on this occassion I've let it run...and run...and run.

But now I've had enough.

So, with that out of the way, and now we've all had our say, can we draw a line under it, shake hands, agree to buy one another a beer in June and move on please?

Any more unfriendly posts by anyone on this topic will be a waste of your time as they will be removed.

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2004, 03:59:40 pm »

I have had my bottom smacked and decided that i must remove all hurtfull material from this thread , but must leave all material hurtful against Vettes on the site, just to please Mr Harper

Yeah, right. Like I give a sh*t.

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2004, 07:03:46 pm »

Poor misguided fool.
Good work on the T-shirts though (just to stay tenuously 'on-thread').

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2004, 07:17:37 pm »

Robbo

You've got my order for 4 t-shirts (and a cheque I hope).

I'll probably want another 4 - don't know the sizes yet - I'll let you know soonest

Cheers

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: