Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 01:19:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to get to Arnage Corner for sun up...  (Read 5890 times)
cdco2
« on: June 02, 2016, 01:54:15 pm »

Hello All, Lurked on here for a while but never really needed to ask for help or had comments to add to the collective discussions, until today. For the last 8 years we have always headed to Arnage corner for Dawn, and to do that we have broken a car free from the camp site chaos, usually we have had at least one small(ish) car that was easy to extract at silly o'clock and a driver who has been happy to lay off the beers. This year we have neither, going in and XC90 and all want to partake as we wander the event... so apart from shanks's pony or taking bikes for this one trip what are the travel options to and from Arnage at around 3 in the morning ?

Ta

Carl.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 02:02:43 pm »

Probably the navettes, but I'm having difficulty finding the detail.

According to the main ACO website there are 10 routes, but no actual map!

Crouch..........bind..........set
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 02:19:00 pm »

I think the 10 routes include the little trains which don't go to Arnage or Mulsanne, last map I can find is in the 2015 guide, although the info seems to date from 2010.
landman
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 02:21:02 pm »

I think the 10 routes include the little trains which don't go to Arnage or Mulsanne, last map I can find is in the 2015 guide, although the info seems to date from 2010.

Agreed, Barry.

The ACO's website is sadly lacking in what we Brits call "useful information".

Seem to recall trying to catch the southbound navette towards Porsche Curves in 2012 but got bored/sober waiting.

P.

Crouch..........bind..........set
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 02:39:06 pm »

Never tried them, the queues always look to bad.
the only time I've ever got to either was on the Duke, and even that was fun and games.

NB  Mulsanne/Arnage parking tickets are now sold out on the ACO website.
cdco2
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 02:42:47 pm »

Thanks Guys, have used the Navettes for the main circuit bit previously to/from BSJ into the centre as long as the q's weren't too big but mainly walked and when parking at Arnage at 4ish in the morning have never had to pay or show a pass other than our general ones yet.... looks like were either not going this year or walking the 2.5 miles.... damn....
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 02:45:58 pm »

They introduced the parking tickets for the corners a couple of years ago. But they are only needed Friday to Sunday.

Wednesday and Thursday qualifying is still free and you don't need a ticket.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 04:47:19 pm »

They introduced the parking tickets for the corners a couple of years ago. But they are only needed Friday to Sunday.

I seem to recall that you could access Arnage parking with a normal campsite ticket? - I know we always go to Arnage, but just can't remember if we've only gone there on the weds and/or the thurs...

MG Mark 

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 09:20:44 am »

I seem to recall that you could access Arnage parking with a normal campsite ticket? - I know we always go to Arnage, but just can't remember if we've only gone there on the weds and/or the thurs...

MG Mark 

The last two years Mulsanne required a parking permit to park in the main car park on Saturday night.  No one asked me for a parking permit at Arnage.

At Mulsanne I parked on the access road outside the car park itself.  There is a small car park right where the unmade access road meets the Tarmac road where you can often park.

Aricus

The pass is a nonsense as most people do not want to stay there, just visit, but the passes are all sold out.

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 11:03:51 am »

I suspect the pass was introduced to control numbers, helping access for the buses.
Last time I went up there, before the passes, it was chaos, jammed back to the Arnage roundabout.
Tricky to get there even on a motorbike.
Lazy B'stard
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2016, 07:37:57 am »

Push bike works. Its flat and just a few km. Watch your lights though, some twat stole mine!

Dick Dasterdly was right
'Don't just stand there, do something!'
Bonio

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 09:15:46 am »

http://www.lemans.org/explorer/pdf/courses/2016/24-heures-du-mans/track-map-24-heures-du-mans-2016.pdf

This years map. In the bottom right corner is all the info needed for the Navettes. For Arnage they end at 0130 am and resume at 0900 am on race day.

Team J.E.D.I
cdco2
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 10:18:29 pm »

http://www.lemans.org/explorer/pdf/courses/2016/24-heures-du-mans/track-map-24-heures-du-mans-2016.pdf

This years map. In the bottom right corner is all the info needed for the Navettes. For Arnage they end at 0130 am and resume at 0900 am on race day.

So if I've read the table right there are navettes from Porsche Curves to Arnage corner all night ... brill thanks Bonio
broon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2016, 01:49:58 pm »

I was last there in 2013 but as far as I am aware nothing has changed. Busses run from the hard standing area opposite the TD campsite at Porsche Curves all night. I got one at 1am and the queues were still fairly busy at that time - although I think I only waited about 20 mins. The road up to Arnage was busy though so the journey took about half an hour.

Just watch on the way back as the busses aren't as frequent as some of the drivers just offload people at Arnage and refuse to pick up those waiting to go back. The return bus goes via Mulsanne corner so you can look at the poor sods there waiting for a bus only for yours to turn up full and leave them standing. The return bus drops you off at the main entrance near White House.

It all sounds like a pain in the butt (and some of it is) but it is definitely worth the effort - especially as the Indianapolis banking has been extended round the corner this year for what should be some great sights as they come out of the forrest.

Happy viewing all.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: