Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 11:45:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2004 bookings - motor homes  (Read 4219 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: December 14, 2003, 11:12:56 pm »

The 2004 booking has arrived.

Gilles could you clarify with the ACO exactly what the enclosed blue paper means. They translate it into English as follows:

If you have booked a parking place for a motor-home thanks to take good notices of the following new measures:

- Special areas dedicated to motor-homes will be open in the Parking Bleu, Rouge and Antares
- The price is €38 instead of €17
- THE ENTRANCE IN THE OTHER PARKING WILL BE FORBIDDEN

Do not hesitate to contact us if you want to change your booking and price or if you'd like to book a place in a lay-by instead.

It looks to me like Winnebagos will NOT be allowed on to Maison Blanche and others. Can you check this please Gilles? Also whether towed caravans are still allowed onto MB?  Undecided
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 11:16:45 pm by smokie » Logged
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 12:17:32 am »

I'm only guessing here Smokie but I think what they are getting at is that they won't allow Motor Homes to park in the normal "Parking" areas of Bleu, Rouge and Antares, but that they will have an allocated area where they have to pay extra to park.

I know that in the last few years several people with motor homes have just parked in the normal "Parking" areas instead of a Camp Site or Lay-By yet still sectioned off areas as though camping. I guess that's what they are trying to eliminate.

Camp Sites (Houx) and Lay-Bys (Maison Blanche etc) should be OK I think, especially when you look at the prices they are quoting.

However, I'm sure Gilles will be able to come up with a more comprehensive answer by speaking to the ACO locally.  Smiley
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 01:45:35 am »

Hey guys:

My interpretation of this is for Parking vs. Camping areas and doesn't surprise me at all.  Another chance to charge more cash I guess as the ACO realized that motorhome parkers weren't paying the camping fees of those in campsites.  Next, you'll pay more if you've got 4-doors vs. 2 in your car!
Grand_Fromage
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Real men do it for 24 hours

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 06:19:07 am »

This is nothing new, just the ACO making 'official' what has been de-facto for years. The fact is that there is not enough campsite space so areas normally designated as 'parking' act as overflow camping/motorhome areas. All we are seeing here is the ACO allowing themselves to charge the campsite premium for use of 'parking' as 'camping'.

Does that make any sense....?

DD
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 06:17:09 pm »

My heart was in my mouth as I read this thread - hope this won't be an issue on MB. I still wake up in a cold sweat some nights when I have this nightmare that they have introduced numbered (marked) pitches!

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: