Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 10:56:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24H in a wheelchair! Advice on local transport...  (Read 11451 times)
easyrider64

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 11:33:17 am »

So, it looks like I'm going to be losing my  Le Mans virginity next week!

And - thanks to a fellow CA member  - staying not in Laval, but in an F1 hotel in Le Mans about 0.5 miles from the circuit... even got a wheelchair accessible room! :-)

"Excited" doesn't even begin to cover it...! :-) Hope to meet a few of you at the circuit... How does one recognise anotger CAer? Is there a secret wave...?! ;-)  Or any other distinguishing characteristics?! ;-)
cja

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 12:21:17 pm »

Great news for you and an even better result for grabbing a hotel!

For the first time we're not camping, having found somewhere drier, albeit a far way away. However we do it in the future, we'll be back - it's like a drug

As for recognising CA people - I'm sure a fair few will be decked out in The Brethren T-shirts - I know I will.  http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=12565.30

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best."
Mr Termite

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2015, 02:49:37 pm »

Hi Colin

I'm only an occasional visitor here. I am Ian Dudley, Deborah's widower. Deb would be so proud to think her work of a few years back might be helping people after she was gone - not all of us can look forward to that. She adored CA and many of its members, so you can rely on this being a most splendid community to have joined.

You are already getting splendid advice on here, so I can add little of value, but hope to meet you during the weekend.

Yours, not entirely dry-eyed.

Missing Termietermite
Peaky

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 03:56:38 pm »

I do hope I manage to catch up with you and say hello.

Remember, it's a marathon not a sprint, relax and enjoy  Grin

best wishes
Peaky

"I am an artist. The track is my canvas, and the car is my brush..." Graham Hill
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 06:27:38 pm »

Great news.  You WILL have a grand time. We all hang around various places including the Camp Carnage encampment on Blue Nord and a load of us on Houx. 
If you venture to Houx, look out for a load of orange clad tall people - AKA Drinking for Holland.  Some of us are camping with them (including me).

Steve East Anglian cobras

easyrider64

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2015, 08:30:18 pm »

So... the deed is done! Leave request approved, hotel reservation confirmation received, "Chunnel" booking made! :-)

Taking the 5.50am train from Folkstone on Thursday morning, so should arrive by lunchtime! :-) In time, I see, for the Legends & main qualifying sessions!  Staying in the Hotel F1 Arnage Sud... I'm sure I'll meet at least some other GA members there and/or at the circuit! Smiley Was going to say "I'll bump into you" but hopefully not literally... Look out for "The Flying Scotsman" (sic) in a wheelchair with an electric bike attachment on the front! ;-)

BTW: If I can help any CAers while in Le Mans, and thereby repay some of my debt to the group, I'd be happy to do so... For my sins, I studied French and use it very regularly, so if you're get into trouble, lack the lingo & need a hand, please do ask!

See you on Thursday! Can't wait...! :-)

Cheers!

Colin
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2015, 09:02:59 pm »

Safe trip Colin

Like Steve B says we are Houx campsite, if in that area - drop by for a beer - Your find us easy - just ask

Hope it all goes well and it is the 1st of many

Cheers

Neil

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2015, 12:16:36 am »

have a good trip Colin, you will find us in many of the camp sites

Drive your chair into Bleu Nord as if you live there and you will find us all over the place like a rash

Club Arnage flags may abound and the Brethren's crew headquarters fleet is visible from space

Pop round for a tinny or a stubby
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:18:17 am by Perdu » Logged

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 11:31:16 pm »

Have a great trip, will keep a look out for you.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2015, 10:11:37 pm »

Colin,

Was brilliant to see you there at the Brethren party, and a pleasure to talk to you and see you enjoying the whole thing - glad that you made it and got around the social side and the race.

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 11:56:45 am »

What Mark says really Colin, it was awesome to meet you

I hope you felt at home with us all and come back whenever you can

Wink clown suit optional Wink

hope you have a good summer

It was really nice to meet you

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"