Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 08:06:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arnage banking RIP  (Read 29981 times)
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2016, 07:18:01 pm »

Tristan and I are at Arnage sitting in the banking at the start of the qualifying session (waiting for the rain).

I think that Dettore suggested that this will be the place to come and I cannot agree more.

You can see the cars coming from Mulsanne and then through the Indonapolis corners.

On the Mulsanne end banking you do not really need ear protection and the sound through and off the trees is to be relished.

I strongly recommend a trip out here over the weekend.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 10:22:32 pm by aricus654 » Logged

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
dukla
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2016, 03:37:35 pm »

I strongly recommend a trip out here over the weekend.
Couldn't agree more! Think this needs its own thread with "Thank you ACO".

The "give us back Indianapolis" campaign at last gets a result. Viewing all the way back to the Toyota gantry towards Mulsanne. Wednesday quali we could hear cars accelerating out of Mulsanne, then see the lights on the Armco, then the cars appear.

Another new bank not previously mentioned is more or less across the end of the forest road (at the end of the gravel runoff) and extends right into Indianapolis itself. You an see the discs glowing, the turn-in point. And there are parts of both Indy banking high enough to get pictures with no fencing.

Right on Indianapolis itself is a disabled viewing area, if I had a sign and a hilti gun it would already be dedicated to Debs.

At the Arnage end the viewing is extended slightly so if you are at the extreme left  you can see the kink towards Maison Blanche. One lady standing next to us said the view was as good as in 1988!
Kev_mk3
Club Arnage God

The Cheeky Northern Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2016, 11:54:45 pm »

Went to watch the end of the race here loved it, didn't go to the new end but looked great

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2016, 08:51:16 pm »

Brad and I were also there at the end of the race, also impressed.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2016, 07:51:48 am »

We were there on Sunday morning and went all the way to the banking at Indy. Despite the worries that came up when the rebuild was announced I'm really impressed of the result. Good to see that the ACO did a great job there. It's well worth a trip out there.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: