Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 09:43:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 100th edition of the Indy 500 in 2016 - Anyone else planning to go?  (Read 39245 times)
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« on: September 22, 2015, 12:38:51 pm »

Hi there,

next year will see the 100th edition of the Indy 500. Since I beleave that every true petrolhead should do a pilgrimage to this place at least once in his/her lifetime I'm seriously planning to go there - the 100th edition looks like a perfect occasion.

Race day is Sunday, 29th May 2016. I plan to fly in one week earlier to Detroit, visit some buddies there and drive to Indianapolis around 23rd / 24th May to see some practice and catch up with the atmosphere. Either rental car with tent or RV - not sure yet. I'll probably combine it with an SCC event one week later (June 3-4) in Detroit.

Any other CA members planning for this?

Best

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 12:52:43 pm »

Thanks for the nudge on this, I had thought about it when I went in 94. Need a job first, but very much want to do this. Would probably fly into Chicago and drive down.

Wooosh!!!!
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 06:37:57 pm »

I will be there, it's a two hour drive from our home so will try do do a practice day, pole day, and carb day as well. Word is they will have all the surviving winning drivers, and cars on hand. Will be a very special event.
IMS dropped MotoGP next year, but there continues to be rumors of a WEC race in the future.
Fax
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 07:06:12 pm »

Word is they will have all the surviving winning drivers, and cars on hand. Will be a very special event.

Yes, they do have most of the winning cars on hand anyway in their museum - I once had the opportunity to visit it. It would  be great to listen to an Offenhauser engine being fired up - or to see the Lotus turbine car doing some laps.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:08:48 pm by Werner » Logged

hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 09:54:00 pm »

Yes, I'll be there too.Going to the 100th running has been the plan for the last 8 years.
All being well, my dad and I have a 11 day racing trip planned. The flights are booked and we have a hotel booked snd paid for about 15 miles from the track  for 10 nights.

We are flying into Cincinati on Friday 20th and fly out from there on Tuesday 31st May.

Planning on Saturday and Sunday at the speedway as well as Legends day and the 500 .

Also doing a full schedule of short track action around Indiana taking in Anderson, Bloomington, Kokomo, Terre Haute, The State Fairgrounds and WoO at Lawrencberg. So a full on racing trip is planned.

I submitted my three preferred choices of ticket locations about a week after this years 500 but have yet to hear anything back from the speedway regarding tickets. 
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 12:34:38 am »

Tickets will be more in demand than usual, so best to get them sorted ASAP.  It would be great catch up with some of the CA regulars while your here, Chris we live in Cincy, so we'll have to do a dinner while your in town.
The Mrs & I, and some friends are heading up to Eldora next Sat. night for the Four Crown Nationals, the only time the USAC Midgets, Sprints, Silver Crown cars are all together every year.  We saw the USAC Sprinters at Lawrencburg back in July, and they put on a great show.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 03:25:52 am »

Hi Werner,
               I have not forgotten  Smiley Just not ready to commit  Grin
Include in your planned drive from Detroit to stop in Auburn Indiana and visit the Dusenburg/Cord museum. You will need a few hours  Grin
Phil
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 07:19:43 pm »

Hi Fax,

Would love to have dinner with you but just not sure we will be able to fit it in, unlessthe WoO get rained off on the Monday.

We arrive on the Friday night at Cinci and are driving straight over to our hotel in Indianapolis. We are staying there 10 nights and then driving to Lawrenceberg / Cincinati on Monday morning assumning the 500 isn't rain delayed. Then Monday evening its the WoO and then we fly home from Cinci early Tuesday afternoon. Maybe a lunchtime slot on the Monday instead ? Or in Indianapolis area after the 500 on the Sunday.

Regards
Chris
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 07:23:52 pm »

Should I be e mailing or calling the speedway to check on the ticket status or is it usual to not hear anything back after submitting your preferred choices online ? Been told its usually around October or November before they let you know what you have been allocated.
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 05:41:18 am »

Hi Chris,
I think your fine for now, it's takes a while for The IMS ticket office to sort out who's renewed their tickets, and then begin the process of sending allocation notices.  We'll catch up at some point over the week, may take the Mrs over to "The Burg" on Monday and see the winged sprinters, it's about a half hour from our home, straight shot over on I-275. Usually I'm old school, and prefer the USAC non-winged sprinters, but WoO puts on s great show too.
Are you going to Sebring?  We'll be there this year after a few years away.
Fax
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 10:51:17 am »

Hope to be at Sebring but nothing planned ywt but only a week if I do come over, no Amelia for me next year.
Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 05:07:44 pm »

On my radar but not sure yet about planning & budget.

Won't be at Sebring next year as I'm planning to be at the WEC and ELMS prologue at Paul Ricard.  Indy is pretty close to LM too, which might be the biggest concern in time and budget as I'd like to do the classic too next year.  March to August will be busy already with ELMS & WEC.

Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 05:23:26 pm »

Indy is pretty close to LM too, which might be the biggest concern in time and budget as I'd like to do the classic too next year. 

Same concern. I plan to give the 24h a miss next year and do Indy and the Classic

Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2015, 05:54:46 pm »

Hi Chris,
I think your fine for now, it's takes a while for The IMS ticket office to sort out who's renewed their tickets, and then begin the process of sending allocation notices.  We'll catch up at some point over the week, may take the Mrs over to "The Burg" on Monday and see the winged sprinters, it's about a half hour from our home, straight shot over on I-275. Usually I'm old school, and prefer the USAC non-winged sprinters, but WoO puts on s great show too.
Are you going to Sebring?  We'll be there this year after a few years away.
Fax

John - I'll deffo be at Sebring, and I might just get out of bed and walk to the track for Indy  Wink
Dirk3D_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Fussballing for Holland!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 07:20:30 pm »

planning to go with Quuf and Henk... potentially neil as well Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: