Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 01:18:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hope I'm jumping the Gun!  (Read 65430 times)
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2015, 09:05:14 am »

Bloody Hell Tom!  Who knew little loops of wool have the potential to be so nasty? 

Fingers crossed that you are indeed jumping the gun, that the TURBT will be the end of it, and that this becomes just another amusing story to be retold over a beer or three when I'm back in Blighty.

In the meantime - awaiting further equally light-hearted bring a smile to the face updates.

Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2015, 01:25:29 pm »

Oo-err, - the examinations sound fantastic!
Good luck Tom, I hope it all goes well, with just the right amount of discomfort. A mate of mine had a similar op earlier in the year, it all went well and he wanted to go back to work after about 3 days, his mrs had to hide the car keys. In the end he was back in the saddle after a fortnight, as recommended, and is right as ninepence now.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2015, 10:06:13 pm »

Good luck with the op Tom. Had the endoscope down the japs eye many years ago after i had cystitis! Unusual in men apparently. The thing that sticks in my mind is the Doctor about the insert what to me appeared hosepipe size endoscope and telling me to 'just relax'.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 01:07:55 am »

Good luck with the op Tom. Had the endoscope down the japs eye many years ago after i had cystitis! Unusual in men apparently. The thing that sticks in my mind is the Doctor about the insert what to me appeared hosepipe size endoscope and telling me to 'just relax'.

LOL!  Yep that's the one!   See times don't change.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 01:29:06 am »

Not the best news Tom but I do like the positive attitude. When your'e in France apparently being blasted during the night by an 'ultrasonic snore wave' which is set to maximum may work wonders.  Smiley I will of course be thinking of you and wishing hard for a good outcome.

Stu

I can assure you there is nothing ultrasonic about the snoring I heard!!!!

t.

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2015, 01:30:55 am »

Bloody Hell Tom!  Who knew little loops of wool have the potential to be so nasty? 

Fingers crossed that you are indeed jumping the gun, that the TURBT will be the end of it, and that this becomes just another amusing story to be retold over a beer or three when I'm back in Blighty.

In the meantime - awaiting further equally light-hearted bring a smile to the face updates.

Dx

It's a date!

t.

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2015, 01:43:00 am »

Oo-err, - the examinations sound fantastic!
Good luck Tom, I hope it all goes well, with just the right amount of discomfort. A mate of mine had a similar op earlier in the year, it all went well and he wanted to go back to work after about 3 days, his mrs had to hide the car keys. In the end he was back in the saddle after a fortnight, as recommended, and is right as ninepence now.
H

Hi H.

Thank you for this.   I joined a BC support group forum.  Sadly there are a lot of people there in pretty bad shape.  Of course there are also a few good news stories. 

Your post is just the sort of thing I want to hear.  If the discomfort is not right I might hassle you for more information on some of treatments administered to you during and after the training for your bike ride.

Cheers mate.
t.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2015, 01:03:32 pm »

Good luck buddy, you did indeed induce a chuckle. It's not exactly "gallows humour", but maybe we could term it "Six month stretch in Ford Open Prison humour".  Anyway, all fingers crossed for you this end.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2015, 08:24:18 pm »

Oo-err, - the examinations sound fantastic
..... If the discomfort is not right I might hassle you for more information on some of treatments administered to you during and after the training for your bike ride.......

Somehow, I'd hazard a wild-arsed guess that proctology, unguents, emollients and liniments will feature extensively on H's treatment list....

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2015, 06:27:22 pm »

Hope it all goes well Tom.

Suggest you all ( except our Lady contributors of course! ) get your doctors to give you a PSA test, if you are over 50. It may not give perfect results, but it's the only test out there at the moment that you can get without other symptoms.

The Lions quite often do mass screenings for free, so keep an eye out if you don't want to go to your doctors, or if they are reluctant.

Prostate cancer killed my father (66), grandfather (71) and great grandfather, if they catch it early there is a good chance of remission. So get tested, you know it makes sense!
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 01:32:15 am »

Hope it all goes well Tom.

Suggest you all ( except our Lady contributors of course! ) get your doctors to give you a PSA test, if you are over 50. It may not give perfect results, but it's the only test out there at the moment that you can get without other symptoms.

The Lions quite often do mass screenings for free, so keep an eye out if you don't want to go to your doctors, or if they are reluctant.

Prostate cancer killed my father (66), grandfather (71) and great grandfather, if they catch it early there is a good chance of remission. So get tested, you know it makes sense!

Hi Barry,

I had that checked a while back.  Prostate Cancer took my Cousin.   So when I visited the Doc  I mentioned it and he did the Blood test.  The results showed I was very unlikely to develop Prostate Cancer now.   None the less he proceeded to do a physical exam again, "Just to be sure".

That said, Your advice is very sound.   The trick with all the cancers it early diagnosis.  I think that is why Pancreatic Cancer is bad,  It has to be quite well established before it presents.  By that time it's too late.

I'm just glad I didn't take the line.  "Oh, the problem has cleared up I won't bother going to the Doctor.".

t.

Kristof
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2015, 12:00:39 am »

Damn Tom, not really the news I was expecting to read over here. 
Fingers crossed for a positive outcome, we'll have a few beers on that in a field somewhere in a small village in France next year !

Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 02:30:14 am »

Awful.
Good luck with the treatment and recovery.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
aricus654
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2015, 01:06:37 pm »

Tom,

I'm really pleased that you and the docs are on top of this.  It's often when people trhink its nothing or ignore the evidence that bad news follows.

Keep us up to date, and I will trust it all goes well - it usally does.

Regards

Ian

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made
Peaky

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 10:38:55 pm »

Just catching up with things here and I see this >.< Sending you my very best wishes Tom.
Peaky

"I am an artist. The track is my canvas, and the car is my brush..." Graham Hill
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: